cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

Just a quick DP

I applied and opened an nRewards card just shy of 2 months ago (Feb 17th) it was just reported on April 10th. The HP posted immediatly and it looks like I only dropped 1 point for the new account (I'm sure my 1-2% util and my other accounts aging is offseting the drop by a bit). I was worried that it would never post because I never had a ballance in it when the statements cut. I left 12$ on it this past month and BOOM it is finally reporting. Not sure this is related but it is part of the story. 

Now I finally have 3 CC and 2 Loans reporting (I did not know that a student loan counted, so I took out a share loan from NFCU and paid off 91% the next day). 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

Congrats on the new card! So, do you think NFCU didn’t report at first because of the 0 balance, or is that normal for a new NFCU card?

A question - did you see a score drop yet from a new card reporting? I have two new cards. One just reported, and the other is just on the cusp of reporting, maybe it will at the second statement on the 22nd.

My score dropped 7 points for the Chase inquiry, and then 18 pointsb nearly a month later for the new Chase card reporting. Zero balance, but the reason code was ‘new credit.’ So two separate drops.

I think thin files are more volatile when it comes to score changes. Makes sense, when you think about statistics and sample size. Fewer accounts, more swing.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

Sorry for the delay. I did not SEE a drop, but I was not actively monitoring my credit in the beginning. I knew it was really bad, so I just followed some advice I saw around here and started waiting. At this point, time is my best friend. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.