cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

Contributor

NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

Just a quick DP

I applied and opened an nRewards card just shy of 2 months ago (Feb 17th) it was just reported on April 10th. The HP posted immediatly and it looks like I only dropped 1 point for the new account (I'm sure my 1-2% util and my other accounts aging is offseting the drop by a bit). I was worried that it would never post because I never had a ballance in it when the statements cut. I left 12$ on it this past month and BOOM it is finally reporting. Not sure this is related but it is part of the story. 

Now I finally have 3 CC and 2 Loans reporting (I did not know that a student loan counted, so I took out a share loan from NFCU and paid off 91% the next day). 

Ch 7 Discharge 10/15/2018

Started 10/18: Eq Fico 9 ???, Ex Fico 9 620, Tu Fico 8 511
Current 8/3: Eq Fico 9 736, Ex Fico 9 717, Tu Fico 9 704 Fico 8 655

Cap1 Plat PC to QS 1.5k, Discover it Chrome Secured $500, NFCU GoRewards 2k (was Secured nRewards $500), Share Loan 1k (paid down to 8% due 2/2020), VentureOne 1k, NFCU CLOC 1k, OllO Optimum $800
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

Congrats on the new card! So, do you think NFCU didn’t report at first because of the 0 balance, or is that normal for a new NFCU card?

A question - did you see a score drop yet from a new card reporting? I have two new cards. One just reported, and the other is just on the cusp of reporting, maybe it will at the second statement on the 22nd.

My score dropped 7 points for the Chase inquiry, and then 18 pointsb nearly a month later for the new Chase card reporting. Zero balance, but the reason code was ‘new credit.’ So two separate drops.

I think thin files are more volatile when it comes to score changes. Makes sense, when you think about statistics and sample size. Fewer accounts, more swing.
I’d like to rest
My heavy head tonight
On a bed
of California stars
I’d like to lay my
Weary bones tonight
On a bed
Of California Stars
I love to feel
Your hand touching mine
And tell me why
I must keep working on
Yes I’d give my life to lay my head tonight
On a bed
Of California stars
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: NFCU nRewards card finally showing on credit report.

Sorry for the delay. I did not SEE a drop, but I was not actively monitoring my credit in the beginning. I knew it was really bad, so I just followed some advice I saw around here and started waiting. At this point, time is my best friend. 

Ch 7 Discharge 10/15/2018

Started 10/18: Eq Fico 9 ???, Ex Fico 9 620, Tu Fico 8 511
Current 8/3: Eq Fico 9 736, Ex Fico 9 717, Tu Fico 9 704 Fico 8 655

Cap1 Plat PC to QS 1.5k, Discover it Chrome Secured $500, NFCU GoRewards 2k (was Secured nRewards $500), Share Loan 1k (paid down to 8% due 2/2020), VentureOne 1k, NFCU CLOC 1k, OllO Optimum $800
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.