Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy AU

tag
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Navy AU

I just recently received a nice CL from Navy for a cash rewards card. I was thinking to put my daughter on as an Authorized User. She has a thin fila and could use a boost to her utilization. Is this a good idea? I'm assuming they report on her CR from what I've read? Do they report the full credit limit to her report that would be reported on mine? Have any of you done this and how is it working out?

I plan on getting her to do a membership app in a little while.  Right now her credit needs some improvement but will be in a much better place 6 months from now. Thanks for your help!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Navy AU

Everything will report the same as yours except for *Responsible* field. Hers will reflect AU status, hence not responsible for the payments, unlike yours where it's either *Individual* or *Joint*
Message 2 of 9
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@glockrunner wrote:

I just recently received a nice CL from Navy for a cash rewards card. I was thinking to put my daughter on as an Authorized User. She has a thin fila and could use a boost to her utilization. Is this a good idea? I'm assuming they report on her CR from what I've read? Do they report the full credit limit to her report that would be reported on mine? Have any of you done this and how is it working out?

I plan on getting her to do a membership app in a little while.  Right now her credit needs some improvement but will be in a much better place 6 months from now. Thanks for your help!!

She may have to be a member first???  Otherwise, it works like a charm and will give her any history as well.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 9
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

She just became a member! Quick and easy since I was already a member. I'll put her as an authorized user after my first statement is cut. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do tell how it turns out with the status/reporting. I'm looking to do this for my niece.
Message 5 of 9
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

thisismyname1, will do! I put her as AU and she has her card in hand. I will report when the account hits the CRA's.

Message 6 of 9
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

In my experience, it reports in just a few days and again, brings the history with it.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 7 of 9
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

It took 2 statements before it was posted on the CR. Her utilization for FICO 8 never changed. Its shows her having the whole available credit limit but it doesn't factor in her utilization. I heard that it is like this. Her credit score did go up 20 points on Experian. Won't know the others for another week. Was hoping it dropped her UTL but it doesn't. I'm hoping more than anything her ability to use the card and pay it off will help her get a nice CL card of her own.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could always add someone as an AU and not give them a card. This is great for someone building credit and needs to pad their files. As long as you pay they should recieve the same info on their report as you do. I know with AMEX(atleast thru AMEX themselves) it only reports from the time they are added not the whole report.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.