Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Exhibiting Incoherent Practices

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Navy Fed Exhibiting Incoherent Practices

I been with NFCU for years on end. Today the hold times are atrocious. I never ever seen this before. Does anyone know what's up? The longest time i was ever on hold from the busiest of times was less than 10 minutes. Twice i held over a half hour then hung up, dialed again, and it's nothing for almost another half hour. I'm not wasting time to wait a whole hour. Also i run into an error on their website as well. Reason for the calling in.

This is very unlike Navy Federal even in the worse of times. ?????????????

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
ladybug2016
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Phone Not Available

Same issue here!

I think it's due to people calling in about their Stimulus payments!?

Message 2 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

UPDATE

After over an hour hold time finally reached a customer service rep. Be advised today is NOT a good time to call in.

Message 3 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ladybug2016 wrote:

Same issue here!

I think it's due to people calling in about their Stimulus payments!?

I'm sure this has a lot to do with it, possibly a good percentage from people not realizing that direct deposit payments are being dispersed in waves.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 18
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Longest I've waited was probably about 10 minutes tops.

I was able to access the website and app today, must of been hit and miss.

Glad you finally got through.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Stimulus related. There's a Hot Remark on website and app for days now, stating long hold times. I'm sure even more overloaded on weekend. Be patient!

Message 6 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Stimulus related. There's a Hot Remark on website and app for days now, stating long hold times. I'm sure even more overloaded on weekend. Be patient!

I'm done with Navy. They gone down the tubes and nothing near how they use to be. Its not only that but they just wasted another valuable HP for a refusal. 2nd one! Don't need 'em and frankly don't care anymore. You read others not even 1 statement  with a nRewards secure and lavish with nice SL's with FICO Scores 100 points lower.. Learned a lesson about them. Even funneled vast money into their checkings & savings and for what?

When they were quality top notch i  sported $25K lines with them for years and never ever max them of even 20%. Mostly always PIF. Heck now they do CLI's at $4K as well.

I'm one of those that treat lenders with courtesy and protect their lendings with diligence and duty.

They can take a flying hike. Relationship my butt, they are biased when you least expect it. So be it

From this point on no kudos or congrats to anything NFCU and when it shows (good for those they prefer) it is with perpetual disdain.

Other QUALITY Credit Unions are heads above Navy. That boat is sunk totally IMO. Just moved ALL my money away from them. Forever

Before anyone gets smart i already know they dont need cater to single cardholders that disagree. No biggie to them. Me either for that matter. But boy are they different now.

Message 7 of 18
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

Everybody swamped right now with people wanting their free money. Hope it gets better for you!

Message 8 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Wow.

It's crazy to imagine the praises you gave them with rebuilding after your BK, since after all they gave you a 2nd chance (IIB or not), but it is what it is.  As it's been mentioned numerous times, no FI will work for everyone and you have echoed similar statements about the current economic environment that we're in so not every profile will win a prize 🤷‍♂️  In a way, a 4K CLI is better than nothing since they're not obliged to give them.  So, scaling back is not a bad thing.

It's possible they may have concerns about the aggressive rebuild (or other factors), but obviously plenty of fish in the ocean.

There was a time when their doors were closed to veterans, so in a way, they've made some positive changes in that regard which is how I was able to obtain membership.

LOL.jpg

Message 9 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar  I just dont care anymore, Sick of wasting HP's on Navy while they jack up SL on rookies and profiles with subprime customers, and dismiss long standing good customers with both heavy usage PIF and plenty of deposits. And NO NO NO they WAS NOT IIB whatsoever. I couldn;t care less and moving my business to more competent Credit Unions and/or banks. NFCU is turned into a giveaway kiddyland and as long as you known me its always been a WAY MORE COMPETENT institution before, so people can make all the excuses that suits them, but i been with them long enough to know that they ARE NOT as Quality or Professional as they might have you believe. Take it for whatever opinion suits.

Of all CU's i never expected them to blight good customers and turn tail. No Matter. Majority always rules and they may think they have that corner for the time being but won't last becoming monopoly.

Glad i see them now for what they have turned into. Good Riddance

fdf.jpg

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.