cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal "gray" area question about membership.

tag
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

Navy Federal "gray" area question about membership.

Hi Guys,

I got a quick question about Navy Federal if anyone can answer it. 

I went in and closed on a house with a friend, my friend is eligible (through his grandfather) for Navy Federal (though he doesn't have an NFCU account) he does, however, have a USAA account. 

Our housing closing documents list both of us as residents of the house; my question is would I qualify for NFCU if I asked my friend to open an account there then provided me his account invite code? 

Thanks!

Coming Soon
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal "gray" area question about membership.

@titancylinder wrote:

Hi Guys,

I got a quick question about Navy Federal if anyone can answer it. 

I went in and closed on a house with a friend, my friend is eligible (though his grandfather) for Navy Federal (though he doesn't have an NFCU account) he does, however, have a USAA account. 

Our housing closing documents list both of us as residents of the house; my question is would I qualify for NFCU if I asked my friend to open an account there then provided me his account invite code? 

Thanks!

IMO you will be fine having your friend apply for NFCU membership, then sponsoring you once accepted.  NFCU's membership eligibility page specifically states that household members qualify for membership,  and "Household members are defined as those who share your address and pay a major utility bill."  I would imagine in your case you're paying a portion of the mortgage and/or utility bills.

Message 2 of 3
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal "gray" area question about membership.

You'd assume correct . Everything is evenly split . Thank you.
Coming Soon
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.