cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help ! Not sure how to increase my credit limit and Does Green Card Help Credit limits ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help ! Not sure how to increase my credit limit and Does Green Card Help Credit limits ?

Hello Everyone,

I have created my account today to be able to get credit help from this awesome group.I have been a lurker for the past several months and today is the day I step forward and get the help to make a stellar portfolio with the help of people in this forum.

Can you guys please help me with what should I do and how should I play to increase my credit limit and keep it increasing in the future with help of soft pulls as i have been doing it with all of my accounts or any suggestions for me to use, like what cards should i open and when should i request a credit limit according to my credit profile.

For example: with BoA as i have two cards with them I am planning on requesting a cli on the 3k card and since it is a hard pull i will do a cli for the 9.5k one also and hope i get 10k in cli from both of them. Does these count as 1 hard pull or two hard pulls ? 

Does having a green card help me get more CLI ? 

I just want to be able to have 25 k to 35 k cash at my disposal whether through exsiting or new credit cards or line of credit by the end of this year.It gives me a sense of security by having them for emergency purposes.

I have no plans of buying a house for at least two years and no plans of buying a car for almost the same time.

Details of my accounts: 

Car Loan through Capital One - $2400 Balance $ 12k loan amount opened in May 2014

limit               Balance      Opened                          CLI hard enquiry      CLI Soft pull

American Express  - $24000            2000          Nov 2016                             None                     Aug-2018

Bank of America -     $3000              1200          Aug 2014                             None                     Aug-2015

Bank of America-      $9500                200          Dec 2015                             None                     May- 2018

Wells Fargo-               $500                  50             April 2013                           None                     May-2017

Total account limit $37000 and Balance is $3450 , utilization rate is 10.72.  My Fico score from Amex is 768 ,BoA is 762 and wells fargo is 768 as of today.

Credit age is 3 years 7 months,Last Hard inquiry was in Nov-2016,No Home loan,100 percent payment on time,no collections,single,30 years old with take home income of $7.5-8k per month.

I am not from the usa and concept of credit  is new to me as we were encouraged to buy everything with cash back home.I hope you guys would understand and help out me.

Thank you Guys.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Need Help ! Not sure how to increase my credit limit and Does Green Card Help Credit limits ?

Welcome, @Anonymous. Smiley Happy

CLIs with AMEX and BoA are both soft pulls. I don't know about Wells Fargo.

I've never seen anything here to indicate that banks will treat "green card" residents any differently than citizens.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help ! Not sure how to increase my credit limit and Does Green Card Help Credit limits ?

Thank you @ HeavenOhio for my very first message and warm welcome.

I called the BOA credit department and they told me it is a hard pull to increase the line of credit. Can you guide me on that.

Wells Fargo and Car dealerships are brutal with people who are on a visa in the US.I went car shopping with my friend last week and many of them said they would not lease a car for some one on a visa.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.