Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Suggestions.....HELP!!

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Need Suggestions.....HELP!!

Ok need some advice......I have two collections from the same CA.  I used Tuscani's DFP letter.  I sent it out last Thursday and today I get a response from them stating

"We are in receipt of your recnt letter requesting validation of an account.  However, we are not able to locate an account in our office with the information you provided to us in that letter.  Please provide the following information listed below and sign the form.  We will validate the account deatils once we are able to confirm your identity and the account to which you are referring.  If you are unable or unwiling to provide us the following information, we suggest that you file a dispute with the credit bureau that is reporting the item.

Information they want:
*  Account number off of report (Already gave them the FULL account number)
*  Guarantor name  (Of course already gave)
*  Guarantor SSN, Last 4 digits minimum (Did not give)
*  Guarantor current address (Of course already gave)
*  Guarantor previous address (Did not give)
*  Balance according to your credit report (Already gave)
*  Patient name (it was me)

Then of course they want me to sign it. 

Well should I fill this out or should I just go ahead and send in a request to the CRAs stating that the accounts are not mine.  I am trying to buy a house and need to have this removed for a better interest rate.  They have been on my report since Sept 2004.  Not going to be removed till October 2010.

Like I said I used the exact letter that Tuscani gave for the DFP.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Need Suggestions.....HELP!!

BTW Yes it is still in SOL because it is medical and in my state it is 6 years.  I can pay it if it backfires on the CRA dispute.  I just wanted to find a way to get it deleted.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the OC and see if they still own the account...if they do pay them (if they will accept)  don't say anything about the CA.

If you are not in a hurry.....wait about 1 month & then send the CA  the second DV letter  CMRRR

Never give them any info....only whats on your CR   It is up to them to prove that you owe the debt and that they hae a right to collect.

It might be that the assignment was removed or If they (CA) owned it  they might have sold it. But you know that at this time they do not have records!!!!!
Message 3 of 12
nicemann
Established Contributor

So submitting a dispute with the CRAs is not a good thing?  Wouldn't they only have 30 days to prove it was mine or they would have to remove it?  Trying to see what is the downside.  I am more then willing to pay it, but I want it off the report.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

nicemann wrote:
So submitting a dispute with the CRAs is not a good thing?  Wouldn't they only have 30 days to prove it was mine or they would have to remove it?  Trying to see what is the downside.  I am more then willing to pay it, but I want it off the report.

NOPE......When you dispute with the CRAs    they notify the CA or OC     the Ca or OC then can verify it.........If its a CA   you just let them know that you are aware that they are reporting!!!!!

Most OCs (medical only) never report    they assign or sell it to a CA.

So you first  DV the CA  CMRRR   they have 30 days to VALIDATE the debt    in other word send you proof that it is your debt and who it is from and the amount etc.

A DV never goes to a CRA!!!!!!!!   we file a dispute with CRAs and they verify it.(they do not validate it)

I know you want it off your CR   BUT  you have to go at it just right because even if you pay the CA  they can still report it for 7-7.5 years from DOFD

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-18-2008 05:40 PM
Message 5 of 12
nicemann
Established Contributor

Ok I am a little bit lost here.  So if I dispute it with the CRA the CA doesn't have to show the CRA that it is my account.  Just like if I sent them a DV?  I want to figure out the fastest way to get this off of my credit report if possible. 

HappyDays wrote:

nicemann wrote:

NOPE......When you dispute with the CRAs    they notify the CA or OC     the Ca or OC then can verify it.........If its a CA   you just let them know that you are aware that they are reporting!!!!!

Most OCs (medical only) never report    they assign or sell it to a CA.

So you first  DV the CA  CMRRR   they have 30 days to VALIDATE the debt    in other word send you proof that it is your debt and who it is from and the amount etc.

A DV never goes to a CRA!!!!!!!!   we file a dispute with CRAs and they verify it.(they do not validate it)

I know you want it off your CR   BUT  you have to go at it just right because even if you pay the CA  they can still report it for 7-7.5 years from DOFD

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-18-2008 05:40 PM

Message 6 of 12
nicemann
Established Contributor

BTW not that it will happen in my situation but if the OC owned it, by paying them how would that help me get the CA removed from my CRAs?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you dispute anything with the CRA.....the CRA notifies whoever you are disputing......they will verify the debt to the CRA!!!!   thats it    think of the CRA as a middle man

You have an OC that reports to the CRA  and you have a CA that reports to the CRA

If you dispute the OC first   you better believe that they will notify the CA

All the CRAs does is verify the debt      If the OC doesn't answer the CRA in 30 days then the CRA will delete it BUT  they always verify!

NOW  when you send a DV to the CA     they have 30 days to VALIDATE the debt  in other words you are disputing it BUT the law is different    they must prove that the debt is yours.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pay the OC  and wait awhile   then DV the CA  what do they have to report? There  is no debt

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-18-2008 07:09 PM
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection as well.  my is with the ca for a medical bill.   so you are saying if I pay the OC then wait and dispute the CA??   Should I try to deal with the OC first or just pay it?   it is 83.00 still in sol.

thanks!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.