Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting rid of a CA

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Need help getting rid of a CA

Hello Fico friends,

I have been having a problem with a company known as Capitol Management.   They keep calling me about someone else's  debt.  I have told these idiots  many times they have the wrong number, and that the person does not live here.   So, now it is time to release the wrath of GOD upon them.  I would like some help,  in the best way of getting this done.  I have filed four complaints with the FTC.  ( not sure if that is the place to start  )   I want to see if I can get this done without going to a lawyer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Need help getting rid of a CA

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Hello Fico friends,

I have been having a problem with a company known as Capitol Management.   They keep calling me about someone else's  debt.  I have told these idiots  many times they have the wrong number, and that the person does not live here.   So, now it is time to release the wrath of GOD upon them.  I would like some help,  in the best way of getting this done.  I have filed four complaints with the FTC.  ( not sure if that is the place to start  )   I want to see if I can get this done without going to a lawyer.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

Welcome to the forums!  I had that to happen to me.  They kept calling me again and again about someone else's debt.  When I sited part of the FDCPA  to them, they fixed the computer to make sure it doesn't call me again.. And the lady got smart with me and told me I didn't have to say all that. 

Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

m Re: Need help getting rid of a CA

Just send them a letter under FDCPA 805(c) informing them that they are to cease any further communication with you regarding the debt.

Send it CMRRR to document their date of recepit, which is the effective date of their bar.

Any further calls after that will subject them to penalties for violation of the FDCPA.

Message 3 of 12
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

yRe: m Re: Need help getting rid of a CA

Thank you DI and Robert for your input,

I will write them a letter as suggested.  The only problem with that at the moment is that I haven't been able to match up an addresss to the phone number I have for them.  But I will continue to search the web.  As you can imagine, they are not very co-operative either.  At least I have something to work with  now thanks to you both.  Again, thanks for responding.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: yRe: m Re: Need help getting rid of a CA

I've delt with this company and I'm holding a letter from them right now.

Heres the address on the letter

CAPITAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES, LP

726 Exchange Street-Suite 700

Buffalo, NY 14210

Office Hours M-Th 8am-11pm ET

Fri 8am-10pm ET

Sat 8am-4pm ET

Sun 9am-1pm ET

Toll Free 1-877-219-0855, Fax (716) 852-1620

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 12
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've delt with this company and I'm holding a letter from them right now.

Heres the address on the letter

CAPITAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES, LP

726 Exchange Street-Suite 700

Buffalo, NY 14210

Office Hours M-Th 8am-11pm ET

Fri 8am-10pm ET

Sat 8am-4pm ET

Sun 9am-1pm ET

Toll Free 1-877-219-0855, Fax (716) 852-1620

Hope this helps.

Mustanglvr,

Thank you,  thank you, thank you,   I have been looking for that address all morning.   I have filed an online complaint with the FTC,  with limited info on the company,  four times over the past few months.    Today, I called the FTC and filed a complaint with them again,   now I have a case number for my complaint.   I also filed one with the Calif State AG.   Now that I have an address,  I can look for a sample cease and desist letter,  and get it out in the mail.   I shouldn't have to put up with this nonsense,  it's not even my debt.  I thank all of you for your help in this matter.  I will keep you posted on what happens.   I am going all the way with this, even if I have to take them to  court. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're very welcome my friend, I wish you all the best.

Go get em!!!!!!

Keep us posted.

Message 7 of 12
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I just mailed the C & D letter this morning CMRRR.  So, we will see what happens.  I will keep you posted.  This is another learning experience for me, even at my age.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 12
203bravo
Established Contributor

Imhotrodcrazy -

Best of luck to you --- I havet this happening to me currently on my cell number... I attempted to force them to quit calling me at first and they would ---- until -- they sold the debt and then the calls would start again...  so now i just have fun with them.... i attempt to keep them on the phone as long as possible and see exactly what they will put up with from me... always polite and just talk around in circles... then they seem to get the hint, stop calling, and then we start again  Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 12
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help getting rid of a CA

UPDATE:  Well, I received my "return receipt" in the mail today on the C @ D letter I sent last week.  They received in on May 2nd.   So, now I wait and see what happens. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.