Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need new tires... Any suggestion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need new tires... Any suggestion?

Sores are all 700+ but I can't afford another inquiry! I'm almost over budget and I need a full set of tires really bad. Any creative ideas of getting some without an inquiry?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need new tires... Any suggestion?

Not really sure what your question here is since you aren't directly asking a credit-related question.  Are you looking for a "tire" card or something?  You can't get a new card without an inquiry.  I suppose use an existing card?  Not really sure where to go with this one.

Message 2 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Use an existing card, or find a new card that only  codes as a soft inquiry.

As an aside, how have you determined that you cannot afford another inquiry?

With scores of 700+, you are in basic good shape, and likely have multilple revolving accounts, one of which could be used.

Further, any inquiry would drop from any scoring impact after one year.

Have you simulated the effect of a single new inquiry?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries IMO are the most overrated "negative" profile item.  They really don't impact much, and the difference of 1 is irrelevant. 

You could have a profile with 0 inquiries.  Taking that to 1 isn't significant.

Conversely you could have a profile with 40 inquiries.  Taking that to 41 isn't significant. 

And, of course, there's every number in between.  Taking any number up by 1 more inquiry is never got to create a make or break situation or severely hinder any score.  Sure you may see a 3-5 point drop, but those points will be back quickly.  While it is said that inquiries can impact score for up to 1 year, many report the scoring decrease to be gone within 6 months, often in just 3-4 months... and that's also factoring in a "new account" as well.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irrelevant? I got turned down for Discover for too many iquiries. Even when I got approved for NFCU their report stated the same. I have some falling off soon so I want to avoid any hp till I'm able to reapply with confidence.

As far as what im looking for. That would be anything I could get approved for with a sp. Like PayPal credit but I can't seem to get an definitive answer as to whether or not pp is a hp.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irrelevant? I got turned down for Discover for too many iquiries.

I said ONE inquiry is irrelevant.  If you got turned down for too many inquiries, it was because of an abundance of them not because you had 1 more.  Chances are if you removed just 1 inquiry you still would have had too many in Discover's eyes.  It's extremely rare that one single inquiry is going to make a difference in just about any credit situation.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irrelevant? I got turned down for Discover for too many iquiries. Even when I got approved for NFCU their report stated the same. I have some falling off soon so I want to avoid any hp till I'm able to reapply with confidence.

As far as what im looking for. That would be anything I could get approved for with a sp. Like PayPal credit but I can't seem to get an definitive answer as to whether or not pp is a hp.

It's a generic response creditors use when they don't feel like extending you credit at the time you submitted an application.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can buy used tires. They may cost you 30 bucks a tire,have no warranty, and who knows what may happen to them when youre doing 80mph.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry i dont have any help on the getting more credit without a inquiry but what i will say is that I actually applied for a BLISPAY card for situations like this.

Sure i have plenty of availble credit and money saved if i need to spend it but

Blispay offers me the oppurtunity to pay for something not in my budget 6 months down the line while getting 2% cashback on it.

Something like this may interest you in the future or a similiar product. Good luck with getting your tires.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very helpful metech, thank you!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.