Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to call to downgrade Experian?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Need to call to downgrade Experian?

In the past, when the trial expired and you didn't have valid billing info on file, you just had to enter your billing info at the login screen. Now, it forces you to call in. Any workaround to this? I really hate calling and forgot to cancel.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Need to call to downgrade Experian?

Message 2 of 8
cr101
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

https://www.experian.com/help/how-to-cancel-experian-membership.html 

Nope. It actually says that I have to enter my billing info to even sign in.

Billing Information Update

We are unable to bill the card we have on file for you.
Please update your card so you can sign in to your account."
Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I cant even sign in. Somethings up. Fingerprint on phone no go. Tried to update pasword. Sorry try again later

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Ok got in with new password. Scroll to bottom of page and click on No keep my current Membership

Message 5 of 8
cr101
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Ok got in with new password. Scroll to bottom of page and click on No keep my current Membership

For some reason, I had the hardest time understanding your message yesterday, so I just called in. LOL. It makes perfect sense this morning. Did you reset your password, then scroll to the bottom and click "keep my membership"? Was your payment info valid at the time, and had your trial already expired? 

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yep. I've kept the free version since it came out. Always asking to join. I have MyFICO 3B since BK. I always scroll down and keep current.

ex.JPG

Message 7 of 8
cr101
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Yep. I've kept the free version since it came out. Always asking to join. I have MyFICO 3B since BK. I always scroll down and keep current.

ex.JPG

Yes, I get that screen, but only if I canceled the trial before it expires. But, if I forget to cancel before the expiration, I get the screen that makes you either enter valid billing info or makes you call. Ever since I was auto-charged after forgetting to cancel, I've kept an invalid card on file so that it doesn't happen again. Guess this screen is just part of their recent updates.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.