Im looking for a new start. On my own.

My credit score is 545 and I am newly divorced and have to establish myself

Thank you. Cheerleaders are important at this point

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need to establish credit, help please

Hi there OP and welcome to myFico. I have created your own thread on this subject. You can change the title if you prefer by using the edit message from the drop down box in the upper right hand corner.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and welcome.

In order for us to better assist you we’re gonna need to know more information about your profile. Do you have any open or closed loans and the number please and the percentage B/L. How many open and closed credit cards do you have? what are their balance and credit limits. What’s the age of your oldest account? What is your average age of account? What is your age of youngest account? Do you have any derogatory‘s on your profile? How many inquiries do you have at each bureau?
Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My suggestion would be to (a) join a credit union and apply for a secured credit card from the credit union or (b) apply for a secured credit card from Discover.

Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 708

Message 4 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you establishing credit or rebuilding credit? Since you have a score, I’m assuming rebuilding. And if so, the rebuilding forum will provide you way more information that would be more beneficial and in line with answers you’ll need. And again if rebuilding, I’ll ask a mod to move your post to the rebuilding forum. 

If you are indeed establishing credit, answering birdman7’s post will help us a lot. 

And just know, all of us had to start or restart along the way, so you’re in good company. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

+1 Feel free to come on over to the Rebuild Section. Plenty of us there to help you build and recover.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.