cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to raise my FICO Score in 4 months! Help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to raise my FICO Score in 4 months! Help!!

So I want raise my Michael's or by 60 points or at least get a 600. But my score right now is at 540. I have three credit cards was a total credit amount of $1300. I have 3 student loans that's in deferment since I'm in school. And about $3500 of debt. I just need advice on what to do to significantly raise my credit score.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to raise my FICO Score in 4 months! Help!!

Welcome to the board.  To begin, can you list your credit cards with their limits and what you owe on them?  Also, what else is in your credit file?  For example, do you have any deliquencies or baddies as we call it here?  Remember, your scores going up is not dependant on just paying your credit cards alone.  There are several factors the algorithm uses to determine your scores as shown below.

Unknown.jpg

So for better responses, be candid about your credit profile.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED HELP AS WELL IAM CURRENTLY PAYING OFF A OLD CREDIT CARD. QUESTION BEING THAT THIS IS A CHARGE OFF WILL IT STILL AFFECT MY CREDIT SCORE

Message 3 of 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If it's a charge off you'll want to see if they will "pay for delete" on the item.  Once paid it will possibly get removed and bump your scores up.  Otherwise it will just generally be a good will gesture if you're renting an apt or taking out a mortgage any time soon.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.