cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative almost 9 years ago, why does it still show up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative almost 9 years ago, why does it still show up?

Capture.JPG

This baddie is the only one on my credit report. It's been over 7 years since I have paid it off and resolved it -- why does it still show? What do you suggest I should do? I'm sure it's not affecting my credit score anymore, but I would like it to be removed if possible. Smiley Sad

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative almost 9 years ago, why does it still show up?

dispute it as being too old if its past 7 years and still on your report

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I have followed your advice and disputed. 

Message 3 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Last reported Aug 2013, smidge over 5 years. Do not go by opening date.  It's possible in the dispute, the result will update the status as of 01/2019 and your score can take a hit, if they do not remove it.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is posted in apparently a showing of when the debt was paid.

The associated date of that reporting is apparently 8/9/2013, which is approx 5 1/2 years ago.

I assume that the 01/2010 date is the Open date of the account, and not the date of first delinquency.

The posted information does not show the payment history status at time paid, such as the degree of delinquency, or the date that the period of delinquency began.

The "baddies" that are subject to exclusion would be either the reported monthly delinquencies that preceded the discharge of the debt, and/or any reporting of a charge-off.  The exlcusion of either of those adverse items of information is based on when the period of delinquency began, which is not provided in the post.

If still less than 7 years since commencement of the period of delinquency (i.e., after 01/2012), then there is not yet any issue of credit report exclusion.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.