cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never never never... Ever!!!! Dispute over the phone or online.... Kicking myself

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Never never never... Ever!!!! Dispute over the phone or online.... Kicking myself

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

You want the personal information change to be somewhat involved

If it was not, I could call and change your address, your DOB, apply for bunch of cards etc and ruin your life in minutes

While EQ is indeed something else, this part should not be made easy. It is not convenient, but neither is ID theft/fraud. 

Thank you for sharing, though. 

Believe me, I get it. My background is actually financial data and security. Never really used CCs all that much in the past with very few life changes in the recent past so I ignored my own files not thinking much of it until now. I agree there should be checks and balances, however its not like there wasnt a verbal security check and the fact that I provided documentation to support my claim. I didnt "add" any data to my file other than attempting to correct my DOB which was off by one day. If they just stated they couldnt do it onile and all documentation must be submitted directly via USPS then no problem, thats 5 minutes and Im on my way. What transpired was a cluster of showing that the prior interaction resulted in deletions and updates to my account however the system didnt save the changes made by the CSR. Confirmations were printed and loaded to my file and as according to "policy" will remain viewable for 30 days. I already downloaded for paper trail. It could be someone behind the scenes was attempting to save the world by reversing the results of the prior investigation but thats a bit much. My file isnt that attractive for a target. A one-off consideration is that I have been familiarizing myself with the "Freeze" feature recently and maybe that had something to do with it. A few frozens and thaws in the past few weeks may have crossed in the system. Who knows... thinking out loud.

It's EQ. If they can complicate something even further, they will

If it's already complicated enough, they go " Oh, watch this!!!" 

When it comes to being insufferable, they are overachievers 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never never never... Ever!!!! Dispute over the phone or online.... Kicking myself

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

You want the personal information change to be somewhat involved

If it was not, I could call and change your address, your DOB, apply for bunch of cards etc and ruin your life in minutes

While EQ is indeed something else, this part should not be made easy. It is not convenient, but neither is ID theft/fraud. 

Thank you for sharing, though. 

Believe me, I get it. My background is actually financial data and security. Never really used CCs all that much in the past with very few life changes in the recent past so I ignored my own files not thinking much of it until now. I agree there should be checks and balances, however its not like there wasnt a verbal security check and the fact that I provided documentation to support my claim. I didnt "add" any data to my file other than attempting to correct my DOB which was off by one day. If they just stated they couldnt do it onile and all documentation must be submitted directly via USPS then no problem, thats 5 minutes and Im on my way. What transpired was a cluster of showing that the prior interaction resulted in deletions and updates to my account however the system didnt save the changes made by the CSR. Confirmations were printed and loaded to my file and as according to "policy" will remain viewable for 30 days. I already downloaded for paper trail. It could be someone behind the scenes was attempting to save the world by reversing the results of the prior investigation but thats a bit much. My file isnt that attractive for a target. A one-off consideration is that I have been familiarizing myself with the "Freeze" feature recently and maybe that had something to do with it. A few frozens and thaws in the past few weeks may have crossed in the system. Who knows... thinking out loud.

It's EQ. If they can complicate something even further, they will

If it's already complicated enough, they go " Oh, watch this!!!" 

When it comes to being insufferable, they are overachievers 

My favorite had to be what amounted to "See that secure upload feature the previous CSR told you to use?.... Yeah... it doesnt exist" Smiley LOL   should have asked her if I should choose the Blue pill or the Red pill?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I've told this story 99 times because it amuses me ..our monthly convo 

Me:"Why is there a fraud alert on my file" 

EQ:" There is no fraud alert on your file. It will be removed in 24-48 hours" 

Me:" Okay, talk to you again about this again next month" 

EQ:"Anything else I can help you with?" 

😂

Message 13 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry to read about your ordeal. I cant stand Equihack. I always mention i need to dispute a few things on my report but im totally scared that Equisux will create 4 split files to accommodate meSmiley Wink

Op, i like your style lol, reminds me abit like someone i know😉 just a suggestion though , a couple paragraph breaks will help alotSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feel your pain! Smiley Sad

What I finally had to do was do everything by paper and tracked USPS for delivery (my information and disputes). Sometimes, they played with the post office and would not pickup the Tracked Mail for days (why? - suppose because they could)?!

It took two years and I resubmitted some disputes (even if I was not suppose to have been required to do that). It did take repeated redisputes. Yes, it was slow and not in keeping with the modern world but, it was one of those things I needed to do!

My dad reminded me: "that the man who has the gold rules" so, it was their game and I played by their rules the way they wanted!!! In the end we got where my credit bureau report needed to be. Now I live by another rule: "Don't Poke the Bear"! Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.