Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Alert flagged as collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Alert flagged as collections?

Just got a credit alert so I signed in hoping my PFD had gone through but no I checked and it's saying an account was flagged for collections. The account has been showing on my CR for the past 7 months so I'm not sure why this alert popped up today. Any insight?

Posting an pic here: http://imgur.com/QVbmzwO
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Alert flagged as collections?

What is a PFD?

Have you contacted the creditor to make payment arrangements?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD = Pay for Deletion

But that PFD was for a different account waiting to be removed.

I have not contacted them nor filed a dispute which is why I don't understand why this alert came up today since it's been showing for 6+ months already on my report.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had that happen several times now...When I first started my rebuild I had 7 collections on TU, 3 of which were from medical and I know insurance paid them and I paid the coinsurance. I disputed them, they were removed, fast foward about 6 months all three came back, the status was closed collection...About a year into my rebuild, they suddenly updated again, this time they were updated to open collections nothing else but that status changed.

Here's my thoughts. Collection companies do this when they see you're rebuilding. Bet you 10 to 1 you see them constantly softing your CRAs. They know having it appear as something about the collection changed, anything other then being completely removed, will hold your scores and rebuild stagnant.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad I had another collection removed the same day and my score only went up 1 point probably due to their update.

My score has gone up over 100 points since this collection was added 7 months ago. I'd do a PFD if I had the money and they could explain the charges because it was for a cell phone carrier they're claiming $1000+ which makes to sense because ETF is only $350.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you closed the old account, did you pay the entire bill at the time of your closure? I had that happen with Sprint, meant to pay that last bill I closed the account because they refused to repair the digitizer in a Samsung Note. Perfect no damage, but somehow me using that darn Note pin they claimed "too hard" damaged the inside of the screen lol. SO I got angry said cancel it. They wrote it off to collections no lie within 5 days, with that final bill and ETF for four lines. I disputed the hell out of it, cause I had proof they didn't even give me to the due date to pay it before I got an alert of a new collection. THey claimed it was just their internal collections team, but my credit score didn't know the different lol.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was with Sprint and no I didn't pay the bill. The service was really poor and slow even though my phone showed me being in LTE service. I complained about it and it never got any better. Then they said maybe it's your phone so they said they'd send a replacement. The replacement never came and I called a few times they said it's showing up as delivered and there's nothing they can do they keep telling me just return my phone and use the replacement and I've told them multiple times I never got the replacement. Eventually I get sick of this and just switch to T-Mobile. My last month's bill was about $70 for Sprint which went unpaid because I didn't receive services I was paying for and I would assume a $350 ETF (though I've been told it's supposed to lower by $10-$15 for every month you've had them) making it $420 (or less) but it's showing over 1k on collections.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like they also charged that replacement to you too, and the collections agency could have tacked on more on top. It's funny both of us had the same experience with Sprint. I have them almost 14 years and they used to be great on Customer Service, but now they want to stay in competition with the big boys so they mishandle their customers. I hated to let my old number but such is life, the new owner of the number called me to say about a year ago I must be popular cause a lot of calls still come through for me lol. She can love Sprint for all I care.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.