cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Card appearing on report but not the limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Card appearing on report but not the limit?

I recently applied for an AMEX everyday card about eight weeks ago and got approved for a $2000 limit, I recently checked my score on the chase site, to see that it went down (not the most unexpected because of the inquiry), but I noticed that my available credit is still the same as it was before I got the AMEX card, should this be something to be concerned about?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Card appearing on report but not the limit?

First, Chase Credit Journey provides VS scores, not FICO. Secondly, you already took the inquiry hit when you first applied, the scoring drop is probably attributed to the lowering of your AAoA and possibly the reseting of your AoYA (if your previous AoYA was > 12months). Lastly, have you looked at the report and see what limit is reported with that card? Available credit could be affected by balance so I wouldn't rely on that.
Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: New Card appearing on report but not the limit?

Welcome Thunder99! I would also recommend checking your report on another site of your choice, just to compare information.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.