Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Covid-19 payment reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Covid-19 payment reporting?

Just received this email from GM Financial. I am wondering if this will be the norm for all creditors to come and how it will affect fico scores.

"For any account that is over 30 days past due from March 1 through April 30, GM Financial will report a “Special Comment Code AW – Affected by Natural or Declared Disaster“ to the credit bureaus. Following our reporting, your credit history will reflect “D“ – no payment history available for these months."

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: New Covid-19 payment reporting?

Interesting. It does seem like most lenders/creditors are factoring this in when it comes to repayment. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 14
donkort
Valued Contributor

I hope this doesn't affect credit scores.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is in line with the CDIA guidelines under FAQ 45. You're going to likely see this across the board during this situation. 

Message 4 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I've had that listed on my reports after getting slammed by hurricanes in FL.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did it have any effect on your credit score? 

Message 6 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nope. Just a comment.

Message 7 of 14
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just received this email from GM Financial. I am wondering if this will be the norm for all creditors to come and how it will affect fico scores.

"For any account that is over 30 days past due from March 1 through April 30, GM Financial will report a “Special Comment Code AW – Affected by Natural or Declared Disaster“ to the credit bureaus. Following our reporting, your credit history will reflect “D“ – no payment history available for these months."

More than likely it won't affect Fico scores since no lates will be reported during that period.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for this post. I was wondering how some companies are going to report deferred payments. This may be how they all handle it. Sounds pretty straight forward. 

Message 9 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Interesting. It does seem like most lenders/creditors are factoring this in when it comes to repayment. 

One would hope so.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.