Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fidelity VISA pay early and often?

tag
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

New Fidelity VISA pay early and often?

I was approved for the Fidelity VISA card. They pulled TU;  score at approval 800, AZEO 1%, one inquiry. $6300 SL. 

I've been paying all my cards to $0 (except one) for maximum scoring benefit. I realize it's unnecessary; however, it works for me. 

How does Elan view paying off charges to zero before statement cuts, whether it's via ACH or bill pay? 

Can any Fidelity VISA cardholders chime in on this?

I certainly don't want to spook them by paying early, but I certainly wouldn't think a bank would refuse a payment.

I'd like to keep my DTI low and don't want to spook my current creditors, especially with this new account opening.

The last time I app'ed was 16 months ago. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: New Fidelity VISA pay early and often?

Congratulations on the new approval! Nice SL. With your score, habits and conservative approach to getting new cards I don't think you're going to spook anyone, just my 2¢. 

Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FreedomHammer wrote:

I was approved for the Fidelity VISA card. They pulled TU;  score at approval 800, AZEO 1%, one inquiry. $6300 SL. 

I've been paying all my cards to $0 (except one) for maximum scoring benefit. I realize it's unnecessary; however, it works for me. 

How does Elan view paying off charges to zero before statement cuts, whether it's via ACH or bill pay? 

Can any Fidelity VISA cardholders chime in on this?

I certainly don't want to spook them by paying early, but I certainly wouldn't think a bank would refuse a payment.

I'd like to keep my DTI low and don't want to spook my current creditors, especially with this new account opening.

The last time I app'ed was 16 months ago. 

I can't imagine they would mind.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 5
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Fidelity Visa approval🎉🎉🎉 As a cardholder for almost two years with a similar payment strategy of paying 1-2 times a month before the statement close date, I can confirm Elan has no issues with this payment method 😊

Enjoy your new card!!

Message 4 of 5
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Do you recall how long it took Elan to begin reporting your Fidelity VISA?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.