Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Joint Account On EX CR, Only 3 Points Gained

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

New Joint Account On EX CR, Only 3 Points Gained

I have heard of folks adding AU accounts to their files and once it reports, they might see 60 or more point increases in their FICO scores. Amazing! I applied for joint status on my DW's Chase Plat Visa with a 14 YEAR HISTORY, $19,300 CL, balance $2,056 (11% util, latest payment not reflected) and never a late payment; PERFECT HISTORY. EX is fast to report the good, the bad and anything in between. Soooooo, my FICO EX reports this new AND beautiful TL and says CONGRATS!, we have increased your score by 3 points. WOW!

Recapping, someone adding an AU account to their file, can be rewarded (yeah, nice reward) 60 points or more. Adding a joint account with a BIG CL, low util, and PERFECT 14 year payment history, 3 point gain. Hardly Priceless! FICO gamed me, FICO got Game!Smiley Happy

Signed,

drowning in the B+ pool with MidnightVoiceSmiley Sad

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: New Joint Account On EX CR, Only 3 Points Gained

fused111 wrote:
Signed,

If you are talking EX, it is more the boiling oil pool in the lowest level of that hot place doen below  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

fused111 wrote:
Signed,

If you are talking EX, it is more the boiling oil pool in the lowest level of that hot place doen below  Smiley Very Happy

Forget that it's EX, tell me you're not surpirsed! I can't wait to see how EQ and TU will score out. I better get my MOV and ITS letters to EX but this is off topic.
Message 3 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, so FICO up 3, TC EX FAKO up 33!Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, I was considering trying to be made a joint on an account that has a very low CL, but a perfect payment history for the last 17 years. At the very least it'd boost the avg age of my accounts a little bit, as well as the overall age of my file.
Message 5 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I don't get it, an AU TL increasing scores upwards of 60 points and I have a kick butt TL just added and only 3 points...hmmmmmmmmm Enough of my rants already!
Message 6 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am converting everything to joint where I can, for age more than anything
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 12
jwes2155
New Contributor

I had the same thing happen,  I became a joint account holder 15cl,  1k balance,  perfect payment 8 year history,  and EQ didn't move,  TU&EX about 60pts.
Message 8 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
I am converting everything to joint where I can, for age more than anything

That is why I applied! I figured an account with a 14 year history, very high CL, low util and a perfect payment history reporting on my EX CR would net more than 3 points. Wouldn't you agree?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have any recent inquiries or any other account information change? It is possible that any new inquiries might have tanked the positive TL.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.