cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New credit laws you'd like to see enacted...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New credit laws you'd like to see enacted...

Give Your Elected Officials Your Opinion

Message Edited by HappyDays on 06-30-2007 06:06 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 06-30-2007 06:07 PM
Message 21 of 23
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

good stuf

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congress may actually be doing something about credit practices - it is in committee right now - read AND WRITE YOUR REPS!!!! Rep. Carl Levin - Michigan - has already started the ball rolling... "Two weeks (may 2007) ago Levin and others introduced a bill that would, in part, bar companies from charging interest on debt paid by the due date, cap penalty interest-rate increases, prohibit interest from being charged on late fees or over-the-limit fees and prohibit late fees if a card-issuer delays crediting a payment." http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/23/AR2007052301498.html?sub=new It's a start... Now to work on the credit bureau side of things. The bill also would not allow one credit card to boost your rates because you were late on another - BOA does that a lot. My parents and my best friend had interest rate boosts based on changes on their credit reports when they had never been late to BOA. This has got to stop! They are hoping that you can't pay off the cards and they got you stuck. Both my parents and my friend paid their cards completely off & then BOA came begging back to offer them both a lower rate to reopen. Dumb bleeps...
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.