cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New inquiry is possible even when a card was instantly approved ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to expand my line with my credit card and automatically Gap was approved , but then I got an alert on my email with a new inquiry . I called the bank and was told that it had been approved and had no more open applications with them. It is normal for this to happen ?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New inquiry is possible even when a card was instantly approved ?

Well yeah, when you applied they did an inquiry.  Then they approved you instantly based on what the inquiry showed them.

Message 2 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Yes this is the normal process of applying for credit.  All my applications has resulted in HP, either the same day or the next.  When one apply for credit he/she should automatically expect it to be a HP.  However, there is one exception the SCT, with Comenity.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 5
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Their computer checked your credit. That's how it decided on whether to approve you or not and what your terms would be. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

An instant approval doesn't mean that your credit was not pulled.  You should expect inquiries when applying for new credit.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.