Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie: wants to know best way to get credit reports on constant basis

tag
MeCasa
Established Member

Newbie: wants to know best way to get credit reports on constant basis

I'd like to know the nost efficient way to get my credit reports on a steady basis

Mike

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie: wants to know best way to get credit reports on constant basis

Creditkarma.com is good for getting report data constantly. I use the MyFico product fir all 3 reports and all 3 scores (plus the monthly report with all 28 Ficos) and love it.  Experian.com has a similar product as well.

Message 2 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Oh... for got to mention the MyFico and Experian products are all between $30-$39 per month.

Message 3 of 20
MeCasa
Established Member

Thank you.

I'm willing to pay the $39 but what do I gain for my money. Is the extra information necessary? Is the extra information helpful?

I can afford but I'm a cheapskate by nature, but will pay the $39 if everybody deems it helpful   :-(

Mike

Message 4 of 20
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@MeCasa wrote:

Thank you.

I'm willing to pay the $39 but what do I gain for my money. Is the extra information necessary? Is the extra information helpful?

I can afford but I'm a cheapskate by nature, but will pay the $39 if everybody deems it helpful   :-(

Mike

Unless you're planning on applying for something like a mortgage, vehicle loan, or even a must have credit card, I would advise skipping the "pay for scores" services.  In late 2021 my Chapter 13 was about to fall off my credit reports and I wanted to plot the change, so I paid the $39 per month for roughly six months and then cancelled the service.  Later this year I'm planning on applying for a mortgage, so in the run up to the application, I will most likely reengage the service until I close on the new home.

Chapter 13:

• Burned: AMEX, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo, and South County Bank (now Bank of Southern California)
  • Filed: 26-Feb-2015
  • MoC: 01-Mar-2015
  • 1st Payment (posted): 23-Mar-2015
  • Last Payment (posted): 07-Feb-2020
  • Discharged: 04-Mar-2020
  • Closed: 23-Jun-2020

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 5 of 20
BluDevil

You can register for free on Experian for your experian report once a month. MyFico for Equifax monthly. I'm not 100% as to TransUnion, although I see a monthly score on my Discover statement.

Credit Karma is... ok. But not something I'd recommend unless you're trying to make sure fraudulent activity is happening. 

I don't personally see any reason for paying monthly to see all 3 unless you're planning on big ticket items. Specifically a mortgage or car. 

Message 6 of 20
MeCasa
Established Member

I was ready to apply for a $100,000 loan from Lightstream and an old bill from Verizon was sent to collections. I truthfully don't think I owed it but Verizon didn't care, Despite having No late Payments and No Collections Verizon filed a collection for $76. My scores plunged 100 points.

One of the scores came back up over 700 but I don't even know about the others.. I still need to get the loan but now I've got to wait till my credit straightens out. I think I would get the best terms if I'm 740+ so I need as much information as possible to get that done. I'm hoping I can get the score back up and reapply within 3 months.

Mike

Message 7 of 20
MeCasa
Established Member

Quit being a cheapskate and get My Fico. Ya'll already said it's good for big ticket items and $100,000 is not chickenfeed.

Ya'll answered my question but I.m so cheap I wasn't listening.

Thanks for helping me  :-)

Message 8 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MeCasa wrote:

Thank you.

Mike

Helpful for what? You posted that you were looking for the best way to get credit reports on a constant basis. For what purpose do you want to get them?

I subscribe to the MyFICO updating, because it gives me the most complete picture, and I subscribe to an experian.com service because it has daily updates. I also look at my EQ and TU reports on CK. But I don't know what they're "helpful" for; I just enjoy them and like to see what's going on.

Total revolving limits 657200 (536700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 708

Message 9 of 20
MeCasa
Established Member

Wikepedia

helpful

[ help-fuhl ]
adjective
giving or rendering aid or assistance; of service:

I believe signing up for MyFico will aid or assist me in my quest for better monitoring my Fico score

Thank you
Mike
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.