Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly divorced with bad credit

tag
Dcasanares
New Visitor

Newly divorced with bad credit

I'm recently divorced and when I was separated from my wife she created a lot of negative debt under my name.

Is there anything I can do to challenge this bad debt?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute it with the credit bureaus.  Provide as much proo...

Dispute it with the credit bureaus.  Provide as much proof as you can.  That's about all I can tell you.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This should help!!!

You Should Be able to use your Seperation agreement ..... thats if you were Legallly Seperated. Its Like a binding contract.. Good Luck
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ex had forged my name as a cosigner on a credit card a...

My ex had forged my name as a cosigner on a credit card application and it went to collections. I paid it off to avoid a judgement but later on the bank agreed to delete it from my credit when I told them that she forged my signature.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

next time cancel you joint credit card acct. before you Divorce...

It is late now, but next time cancel you joint credit card acct. before you Divorce...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A divorce decree does not protect you from joint debt.  D...

A divorce decree does not protect you from joint debt.  D did she forge your name to open this new credit?  If so you can dispute it under fraud which would cause the creditors to produce something showing that you did indeed open the accounts.  If these were joint accounts opened when you were still married or credit you co-signed for her you are, sad to say, on the hook for it.

If it is not your credit, the creditors and the bureaus alike my demand you take legal action which may land your loving ex in the pokey for credit card fraud.  That being said, if she did forge your name on docs, she deserves no less
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.