Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu navcheck approved for 15k!!!!

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Nfcu navcheck approved for 15k!!!!

I just got my approval email for my navcheck and I called and was approved for the full amount. I did ask for the full 15k and got it. The interest rate is 17.9 but I don't mind lol. I'm so excited right now. I originally applied to refinance my car but was denied so I asked if I applied for navcheck would it be the same hard pull and they said yes so I said lets go for it and got it. Can't believe I got it yah!!!!! My interest rate on my car loan right now is 20% should I just use this new credit line and pay it off or should I try to refinance else where for a lower rate. I know I would be paying 17.9 interest rate but it's better then 20 and I would have my car title free and clear.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nfcu navcheck approved for 15k!!!!

Congrats!! I'm a NFCU idiot, but would imagine you can find something better than 20% somewhere.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Nicely done!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I wouldnt use my CLOC to refinance your car.  If you have a decent loan to value ratio then consider DCU to refi or just give NFCU a month or two and you will likely be fine.  They value relationships so in the long term you will be fine.  I suspect you are upside down on your car because it doesnt make much sense they would give you 15k of unsecured credit but not give you a secured car loan otherwise.

Message 4 of 10
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 10
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I just went into a branch this morning to sign my promissory note for my navcheck and I asked the rep why wouldn't my auto loan go through and she said its cause my credit score was 2 points lower then what they required. She also told me that if it would have went through my interest rate would have been 17.3 so she suggested that I wait a little more time possibly getting my score above 620 and that way I could get a decent rate. I really would like to keep all my stuff with navy federal as they are a very good credit union and I've never had a problem with them. I just try again after my 6th payment on my current auto loan which would be in April.
Message 7 of 10
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I did forget to mention that my car is a 2012 Toyota Corolla and they said they could loan up to 16500 on it and I owe 14500 on it. That's the reason I bought a Toyota so it would be easier to refinance.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear you know what they require, gives you a solid target to go after.  

Message 9 of 10
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Congrats.  Remember you are building a financial relationship with them.  I would expect that several months down the road you will be able to re-finance your Toyota at a very good rate.  Best of luck.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.