Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Score Change on Experian after Deletion :(

tag
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

No Score Change on Experian after Deletion :(

I just got experian to delete a paid baddie on my CR and after I got the notification I shelled out another $15 and my score did not change at all. I would have thought since the CA reported on this each month that with it being deleted would have improved the score at least a few points. Any insights??
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Score Change on Experian after Deletion :(

That is really odd chartley. How old was the CA account? Could it have been sold old that it was weighing very little? Or maybe countered by another small ding such as an inq? Each time I print out a new report, I put them side by side and make notes on "every single entry" to determine where the changes are.... I'm **bleep** that way.
Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Yep compared a report I pulled a week ago to today's. Nothing has changed except the item was deleted and they were reporting 120+ days past due before the deletion.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old was the account? What I'm thinking is that it was so old that it weighed nada on your report.

(sorry about the "bleep" mods, now i know that is a no-no word.)
Message 4 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

The debt was 6 years old. Was suppose to come off in April of 2008.
Message 5 of 9
kimharris1920
Established Member

I think it may have been that it was so old that it was not affecting you that much. Not sure though I have 2 baddies for $30 bucks each that are from 2001. I can afford the $60 but I'm afraid if I pay they will hurt me in the long run. Those baby will just have to fall off. I could PDF but I had success with the dispute route, so i'm going to roll the dice and see what happens.  I have been working on my scores since 1/3/07 my scores were 585, 524 & 592, 6 mons later on 7/9/07 my scores are 648, 597 & 666.  Wait a little bit, they take their time to change the score. I had a delete and it took 3 weeks for my scores to go up.  
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I had major delete on TU and it took about 2 weeks to see a change in score. 
Message 7 of 9
annah618
Established Member

chartley3 wrote:
The debt was 6 years old. Was suppose to come off in April of 2008.

My husband just had some old baddies fall off his report (4 at once) his FICO actually went down a couple of points. The credit alert said it was because the average age of his accounts had dropped.

He had a bankruptcy in 1999 and did not start using credit again until 2003/2004, so he got quite a gap in his credit history.
Message 8 of 9
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Luckily Im not in that boat on age because of my Student Loan reporting. Im on the hunt to get both my TU and EX over 620 so I can qualify for a HELOC to remodel my kitchen and EX is sitting at 595 as we speak Smiley Happy Im keeping my fingers crossed I can be over 620 before the holidays so I can at least have the kitchen done before Christmas Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.