Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit check cards that report to CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No credit check cards that report to CRA

Are there any no credit check cards that report? If so, will this still look bad when applying for a mortgage? I am assuming there isn't a credit pull for the card?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No credit check cards that report to CRA

A new account reporting even without an inquiry can lower your AAoA and also incur a FICO penalty for 6-12 months.

Depends on many factors if it hurts you or not.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me a minute to remember the name of this, but I finally did.

* I cannot guarantee anything. Especially if you’re going to be applying for home financing. Just throwing this out there ☺️

There is something called the “Shopping Cart Trick”. Check out this site and it will show you all about it. It’s what a lot of folks do to get credit cards without a HP. Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for but hopefully it’s a start. Good luck ☺️

http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/shopping-cart-trick/
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried the “Shopping Cart Trick”? That’s a good way of getting a card without an HP. That advice you got of it possibly hurting your score is something to consider because it would bring down your average age of accounts. Depending on where your credit is, in most cases it will will help to raise your score. But, the Shopping Cart Trick is the best way I can think of. Google it and there should be something that comes up right away. Good luck! ☺️
Message 4 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

How soon are you talking about getting a mortgage? Are we talking less than 6 months or a few years?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Even if the new account doesn't hurt your score, the lender may not like it.

The shopping cart trick is known for soft pulls, but soft pulls are never guaranteed. Hard pulls have happened.

OP, what are you trying to accomplish?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all thx for advice. Credit is not good...560. Trying to get it up to 580 for VA loan. Would like to apply within
6 months
Message 7 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

wrote:
Hi all thx for advice. Credit is not good...560. Trying to get it up to 580 for VA loan. Would like to apply within
6 months

Then you should not try to open any new accounts. That will only bring down your score. And create a negative impression with the loan officer.

You should just concentrate on paying stuff down, and getting rid of negatives.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
6 months

If you care to post what's on your credit report, maybe someone can help you improve your score. What cards do you have, their credit limits and balances?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OpenSky is a no credit check card, it is a secured card though. Definitely a rebuilding card that you don't want to keep past the time it is needed in your rebuild because it will never unsecure and has an annual fee ($29). But it was my first CC and it ultimately got me going on the rebuilding journey so I can't complain. Much much better than some other subprime cards.

Other than that, I don't think you can really get a card without a credit check. In rare cases you may be able to (I got approved for 2 cards through Citizens Bank via SP only because I bank there and the teller told me I was pre approved and they never did a HP) but don't count on things like that happening.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.