Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more FICO at Equifax?

tag
stefanc
Regular Contributor

No more FICO at Equifax?

Went to purchase a ScorePower report (always used to be true FICO) today clicked through, bought it, freaked out at the score that showed up! 40 points lower than my FICO. Looking around it seems it is no longer a FICO score just another FAKO... sigh

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No more FICO at Equifax?

moving to general credit topics

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What makes you think the scorepower is a FAKO? DId you just assume that because your score changed or is there something else that makes you think that. I am 99.9% sure it is a FICO.

Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a discussion on this topic.

EQ Credit Scores

Message 4 of 8
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What makes you think the scorepower is a FAKO? DId you just assume that because your score changed or is there something else that makes you think that. I am 99.9% sure it is a FICO.

It certainly used to be a true FICO score but today It isn't even called ScorePower anymore, and once you purchase there is no mention of FICO - just an "Equifax score". It was still FICO at the end of last month. I completely freaked out when the page loaded and I saw the HUGE drop overnight from my MyFICO score to the Equifax score

Message 5 of 8
stefanc
Regular Contributor

Thanks Fused for the move - wasn't exactly sure where to post it...

And the link discussing this

Cheers!

Message 6 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Here is some clarification on this.

EQ will no longer sell the individual FICO score product that myFICO calls myFICO Standard. It will sell two products that include FICO scores: Score Watch and DebtWise.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Let me slightly edit my last post.

I've just been informed that EQ will continue to sell the single report with a FICO score.  They're just making it harder to find on their site.  :smileysurprised:

And the credit world rolls on.  Smiley Wink

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.