cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

tag
amkari
New Contributor

Re: No more unlimited pulls with USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium??

I just called to cancel mine as well, figuring I'd take the discounted rate and see if I still feel there is any benefit at all for the first couple months.  I've done about all the cleanup I can do for now anyway with no intention of applying for any new credit until Feb or March when I ask for a lower interest rate on my car loan.  The only baddies floating out there are the ones I'm already aware of and I'm marking time until they fall off in a year or 2 (unless I HAVE to do something with them sooner).

The rep asked me why I signed up... Because I needed the frequent report pulls and alerts of changes to moniter what i was doing.

Then asked why i wanted to cancel... because I won't be able to pull it daily or weekly as needed.

Rep:  "Well, you know you'll be able to get updates on your scores more frequently as well as change alerts"

Me:  "The scores are useless, they're not FICO scores.  The value of the service was in accessing the information on my report as needed and that service will no longer be available"

Mar 2012: 03/31/2012 - FICO EX 599 (auto loan pull) EQ 593 TU 602)
Oct 2012: 10/25/2012 - EX (tenant screening) 655 - EQ (myfico.com) 641 - TU (myfico.com) 622
Aug 2020: FICO 8: EQ 690, TU 685, EX 688
700s or Bust!
Message 61 of 97
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: RIP USAA Creditcheck Monitoring Unlimited

Could someone please remind me why one would cancel if they are enjoying the service?

Their price went up and now it's not a discount, but rather a competitive price (see AMEX CMS). Actually, the service becomes competively priced based on other CMS's and if you want more services, you can pay for it - an extra $9.99/mo for a pull every day.

Gosh, I hope i'm not missing something here.

* Edited to be more specific.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 62 of 97
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@amkari wrote:

I just called to cancel mine as well, figuring I'd take the discounted rate and see if I still feel there is any benefit at all for the first couple months.  I've done about all the cleanup I can do for now anyway with no intention of applying for any new credit until Feb or March when I ask for a lower interest rate on my car loan.  The only baddies floating out there are the ones I'm already aware of and I'm marking time until they fall off in a year or 2 (unless I HAVE to do something with them sooner).

The rep asked me why I signed up... Because I needed the frequent report pulls and alerts of changes to moniter what i was doing.

Then asked why i wanted to cancel... because I won't be able to pull it daily or weekly as needed.

Rep:  "Well, you know you'll be able to get updates on your scores more frequently as well as change alerts"

Me:  "The scores are useless, they're not FICO scores.  The value of the service was in accessing the information on my report as needed and that service will no longer be available"

+1000!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 63 of 97
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

Could someone please remind me why one would cancel if they are enjoying the service?

Their price went up and now it's not a discount, but rather a competitive price (see AMEX CMS). Actually, the service becomes competively priced based on other CMS's and if you want more services, you can pay for it - an extra $9.99/mo for a pull every day.

This is probably what I will do.  Unless EIDT is the same thing, because that will be cheaper.  I don't see any samples of it on the website though.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 64 of 97
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

My GF and I have USAA. I was offered a rate of 50% off which is $6.12 per month and then $9.95 for unlimited pulls so that's not horrible, and I will keep it until discount expires, but my GF called in and dude did not even offer a discount so $23 a month is too much..she has better credit and she does not need it that bad. I'm rebuilding so for me its still worth it....she can use CK if she needs to or she has Amex she can get it with them. Funny how they are talking about frequent score updates....umm what's scores....the FAKO???? Why would I pay $23 a month for that if I get free FICO from TU from walmart and I can monthly pull EQ with FICO from here for $3 cheaper and more information...
NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 65 of 97
Isanham
Established Member

RIP USAA

I could handle the price increase.  Just tell me it's $9.xx more per month for unlimited and I might be able to understand.  The email sent was disingenuous and arrogant. 

If I wanted to be treated like that by a business I'd go open a checking account at Wells Fargo.  At least they have tellers that are cute.

Starting Score: 608 (7/29/12 TU), 615 (7/29/12 EQ), EX ???
Current Score: 690 (12/29/12 TU), 650 (12/16/12 EQ)
Goal Score: 700+ by 7/2014

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 66 of 97
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Isanham wrote:

RIP USAA

I could handle the price increase.  Just tell me it's $9.xx more per month for unlimited and I might be able to understand.  The email sent was disingenuous and arrogant. 

If I wanted to be treated like that by a business I'd go open a checking account at Wells Fargo.  At least they have tellers that are cute.

Yeah, the email was a definite "spin," trying to convince me that they were doing me a favor with this change based on "member feedback." But I figure that's just typical marketing these days.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 67 of 97
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA CMS just got Gimped!!

@DaveSignal wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I cancelled the service for EIDT in the spring (oh, the irony) and at that time it still was a daily puller for all 3 reports. Aside from EIDT, the alternatives are AlertPlus (like USAA's CMS but only for Merrill Lynch CC holders) and Amex CS (unlimited plan).

Why did you cancel it?  Is there something wrong with the EIDT service?

Nothing was wrong at all. USAA was slightly cheaper. There was also a EIDT spammer on here and he rubbed off on me all wrong. And you have to open 3 different windows and log in 3 times in order to access the service. But other than that, EIDT was fine. The service is like the old TrueCredit format but uses TransRisk instead of Vantage. Reports are easy to read too.

Message 68 of 97
p-
Valued Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

Well, when you raise the price point for a service by 60%, many people will object and re-evaluate the value of the service compared to the price.  I reacted to this the same way I reacted when netflix did the same thing, I ran the numbers.  For my wife and I to still have unlimited pulls (the ONLY feature I use) it is almost 50 bucks a month, or 600 bucks a year.  That equates to the hotel cost of a 3 day weekend at the ocean.

I'd rather go to the ocean.

I don't blame USAA; if anything, the rep was courteous, helpful, and nice.  And I'm sure there was some kind of cost increase behind the scenes from Experian that prompted the price change.  But right now I am finding ways to trim expenses.  I've cancelled Blockbuster DVD service, reduced my DirecTV to the base package, cancelled my Gym membership, dropped XM Radio (that was a pain), and am looking for more ways to cut.  So they popped up with the price increase at the perfect time.

Message 69 of 97
novabama
Frequent Contributor

I just thought I'd note in here for all of you wanting to switch. I thought that I'd be able to just log right in to EIDT when I signed up (I mean they did take my money right away...) but I got the receipt email and it says it takes two days to be able to log in! Grrrrr. Oh well, I need the 3 daily pulls for rebuilding. 

I'll edit this if I get my login info before then.

Hope this helps someone!

Message 70 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.