Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Authorized Inq Letter

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Off topic, Tuscani, but ....

MercyMe wrote:
Tuscani, I am so very glad that you didn't fall off a bridge.  Hope all is well with all of yours.

just me

As am I! Seems so surreal. I used that bridge regularly.
Message 31 of 107
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Re: Non Authorized Inq Letter

Seeing this post made me go look further at my report .

Transunion is the only one reporting  something,  Can someone look at what is notated on my report from Tranunion that I pulled yesterday through Suze Ormans Platinum kit?

The first one is a pull effecting my score from my apartment application.  Should that not be effecting my FICO as it explains here.  The second one is a CA for sure. Do I understand right .... that a CA can not pull your info like this?  As I am new to this forum, any explanation and what I can do would be appreciated.

Here it is:

Inquiries

An inquiry indicates when a business, usually a lender, has checked your credit. The inquiries listed here are the number of times in the 12 months since the date of this report that a lender has checked your credit at TransUnion. These inquiries appear because you applied for credit with the listed company. Inquiries associated with applying for new credit are the only kind of inquiry that may hurt your FICO® score.

Inquiries affecting your FICO score

Total: 2 Times

Date Company making the inquiry:
January 12, 2007 284pecanridge/Cbcinnovis
 August 11, 2006 Elite Recovery Services

Inquiries listed here are requests by lenders to view your credit report because you have applied for credit with them. Having many inquiries can hurt your FICO score, because that might be a sign that you are in a financial situation where you need credit. A single inquiry, however, will have little impact on your score.

Three other kinds of inquiries do not affect your FICO score and are not listed here. One occurs when lenders search for consumers that might qualify for pre-approved credit. Another occurs when you request to view your own credit report, such as when ordering products on myFICO. Other inquiries that do not affect your score are any inquiries used for purposes other than granting credit, such as an inquiry requested by a landlord. Note: In general, inquiries contribute to less than 10% of your FICO score.

Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 32 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 33 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, BofA recoded their non-PP INQs from hard to soft. Guess I'll watch for a settlement check in the mail, then sue.
Message 34 of 107
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Well, BofA recoded their non-PP INQs from hard to soft. Guess I'll watch for a settlement check in the mail, then sue.

Here's my question, do banks have PP to hard you for opening a checking (w/o overdraft protection) or savings account? If they do, I have real issues with it!
Message 35 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truelogic, a CA, did a hard pull on TU a few months ago.

Truelogic is not listed on any report as a creditor or CA of any account.

I have never had any contact from Truelogic.

I disputed the Inq with TU, they said to contact Truelogic.

I mailed letter CMRRR to Truelogic at the address listed on my CR.

The letter was returned to me, 'Return to sender, incorrect address, unable to forward'

What next?

Message 36 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

Here's my question, do banks have PP to hard you for opening a checking (w/o overdraft protection) or savings account? If they do, I have real issues with it!

I don't see how they can. Opening a checking or savings in no way can be considered a request for credit. The FCRA is more than a little vague in many areas, and this is one of them.
Message 37 of 107
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

fused111 wrote:

I don't see how they can. Opening a checking or savings in no way can be considered a request for credit. The FCRA is more than a little vague in many areas, and this is one of them.

Agreed! I share the same argument, opening new banks accounts is not an app for new credit.

Message Edited by fused111 on 09-21-2007 05:26 PM
Message 38 of 107
cgmiller63
Contributor

Wells Fargo did a hard inquiry on me when I opened my savings/checking/CD accounts.
Message 39 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Um. I think provisions of the Patriot Act allow them to do this. Gotta make sure you are not a dirty money-laundering terrorist. Thank the prez & congress for their concern.

fused111 wrote:

Message 40 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.