Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK Banks?

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Re: Non CHEXSYSTEMS & TELECHECK Banks?

I have been there.  I had a friend open an account with Wachovia over the phone and call back a few days to add me onto the account as a user.  Wachovia allowed that.  I also was able later to open my own accounts.  Best Bank have a second chance like program you have to go through this educational money management course when sign up for opening a new checking acct.  If the debt was included in a bankruptcy it can be dispute as it was place in a BK that was discharge and checksystem will delete it.  GOOD LUCK!  Work for me.
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

good info wasnt aware of this.
just womdering are u saying that you were able to be on someones account and not have your own.
as far as i recall. the same rules apply. if u r able to be on someone elses account then you should have been able to get an account on your own...
could you please clarify further..
thanks

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find my list but I had a list of banks that aren't Chexsystems banks and one for Telecheck too. Your best bet is go to a credit union in your neighborhood that let's you open an account just for living in the area.

If you have a Firstrust, they used to be on that list.

But you can also plead with the original bank to delete you from Chexsystems or have them give you a letter stating your account is clear, etc. I had the same situation where everything was paid but I was on Chexsystems because of some bank rule that they had to report the account if it was negative for x amount of days. I didn't even know it was negative at the time.

There's some internet banks too that will let you in.
Message 13 of 43
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I think ING direct and NFCU fit the bill but would suggest double checking in case anything has changed.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 14 of 43
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

I first tried to get on with someone else because I was not able to get my own acct.  They open the acct in their name just like an AU and a credit card.  A few days est three they call the bank and add me on to the acct. Wachovia sent me my own debit visa check card along followed my pin. My cousin had help a friend in that way she open the acct along with her friend because the friend could not get an acct on her own.  I was also told by somethat they did that at BOA with their mom.  I'm not sure if that is true w/ BOA but I know that it work for Wachovia.
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 15 of 43
treschic
Frequent Contributor

I was in a similar position last year.  I was unable to open an account, due to checksystems/telechecks (not sure which one) I had a BOA account that was overdraft too long, due to an autodraft that took out way more money than they were supposed to.  Either way, i was unable to pay the money, it was $500, and i'd just moved, so of course i was broke.  i tried to pay down the negative to a positive balance, but after so many days of a negative balance, BOA automatically closes your account.  Anyways, I spoke with a customer service representative, and explained my situation.  She told me the date that I had to pay the balance, before the account was closed.  As soon as I got my taxes, i went to my local branch to pay the balance, but they'd closed it the day before. (just my luck), anyways, i stll paid everything in full.  tried to reopen the account, that day, but was told my fico was too low, and the system wouldn't allow her to. (i'd been a customer for over 10 years).  anyways, she told me to try back later in a few months.  a year later, i noticed that there was a collection account from boa for the balance i'd already paid.   apparently they still sent the account to collections, even though i paid it, because it takes a few weeks for the money to clear their systems, or so the manager said. i called their collections dept, and was told that they still had that i owed them $65, the fee for them to contact collections.  but i explained that it never should've gone to collections in the first place.  she immediately deleted it, and all of the entries in my credit report, and mailed me a letter explaining the situation.  my point in the story is that although you may have paid the account, it may be some type of internal error, that they haven't contacted checksystems to show that it was paid, because i was later able to open an account at another bank.  i think boa won't allow me to reopen an account ever.  which saddens me, because i really think they are the best bank.  i guess im on a blacklist forever. Smiley Sad but, depending on your state, there are banks that don't go through checksystems, and some that do, but as long as all checks have been paid, will still allow you to open an account.  in maryland, provident allows you to open an account, BOA does as well as long as all checks are paid in full, chevychase bank, and m&t bank as well.  hope my experience helps
Message 16 of 43
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Try Capital One.
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brie.
appreciate the info..
Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Oregon, US bank offers second chance checking.
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on chexsystems and telecheck and BoA allowed me to open an account online. Both entries just over 2 years old, actually chexsystems isn't even 2 years old, telecheck may not be quite 2 yet either.
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.