Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

My EQ score went down from 701 to 693. Smiley Sad It's because of all the credit cards I just got. LOL. Oh well, I'm hoping it will work its way back up into the 700 club in 6 months or so... Hopefully.............. Smiley Sad

Might I add, this is complete rubbish!

Message Edited by jizoe182 on 08-08-2007 04:35 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Noooooooooooooooo!!!

You'll get that back probably before six months... 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Noooooooooooooooo!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
My EQ score went down from 701 to 693. Smiley Sad It's because of all the credit cards I just got. LOL. Oh well, I'm hoping it will work its way back up into the 700 club in 6 months or so... Hopefully.............. Smiley Sad

Might I add, this is complete rubbish!

Message Edited by jizoe182 on 08-08-2007 04:35 PM

I got a new cc from WAMU ($5k c/l) and leased a new car in the same month. My scores dropped thirty or forty points from both those items being new and from the inquiries the car dealer ran (two inquiries on each cb!) That was 60 days ago. I've made payments, paid the car lease on time, and done what I was supposed to do.

My scores just jumped 30 points as of today! I am and was amazed! We also moved from NY to LA this month! (Couldn't have had much more going on in one sixty day period, could we?) So I let the card payments be made by he automatic payment which is set up to pay the minimum due if my credit line is maxed out. For instance - my WAMU card has a 5k limit and a minimum payment of 4% of the balance due. So 4% of 5000.00 = 200.00. My bank sends them $200 each month on a day calculated to hit between the closing date and the due date for the bill.

Same thing with a couple of smaller cards. If the c/l is $1000, and their minimum is 2% of balance, then I set up the bank payment system to send them $20/month each month. The payment is made after the cut off date and before the due date.

This way my "minimum payments" are always made - whether I bother doing more or not in a given month. This little system works for me. Usually I send in a 2nd larger payment each month - some months I'll even pay it off completely. But this way they're always paid and the odd ball little charges (like the subscription to FICO services and C"B monitoring are always paid for, too.

Just my thoughts but it works for me...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.