Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all auto loans appear on credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all auto loans appear on credit reports

I have multiple cars loans.  they dont all show up... why would that be?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not all auto loans appear on credit reports

Not all creditors report to all three agencies.  Most do but not all so that is why.  If you were to sit all three reports side by side you will likely see each auto loan is being reported to at least one credit agency.  There are times where a new car loan will take some time 30-60 days before it shows up on a credit report.  I got a car loan on March 6th that just started reporting to Equifax yesterday so perhaps that is a reason.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are these business car loans or personal car loans?  Business car loans do not report to personal credit bureaus if that is what you are asking...

Message 3 of 6
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

If its EQ i can see why lol Me and DW have a joint auto loan it was reporting fine like it should end of march i disputed with EQ becase they hadn't updated the balance since Jan wait for it got the results yesterday EQ now shows the loan as paid in full and closed.  DW lost points because she has no installment loan reporting here is the kicker the loan is not paid off.  The lender is a Captive i called them they said they are reporting every month its on EQ they update the loan every month on my credit report. They really slack at doing there job at EQ.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Penfed car loan was approved on February 24/25 but didn't report to TransUnion until late last month; I think this is because the first payment was due April 16th and Penfed didn't, for whatever reason, report to TU until it'd processed.

Message 5 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not all creditors report to all three agencies.  Most do but not all so that is why.  If you were to sit all three reports side by side you will likely see each auto loan is being reported to at least one credit agency.  There are times where a new car loan will take some time 30-60 days before it shows up on a credit report.  I got a car loan on March 6th that just started reporting to Equifax yesterday so perhaps that is a reason.  

Yeah, especially small lenders like my local credit union with only 2 branches. They only report to EQ & EX. TU Fico gives me a message of "No recent intallment loans" as a factor negatively affecting my score, but it's a great car loan at 1.99% APR so I'm letting things stay as they are.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.