Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not on Record?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not on Record?

What do we do about collection accounts that state "Not on Record" for who the company is? There is now way for me to know who these people are and the debt is from 2005. Also how do you get creditors to remove collects which are paid.... I have seven and all but two are paid and have been for two years and it is killing my score. Thanks everyone.... I am 36 and I want to buy a house for the first time in my life... I think my score stays low becuase I have three kids.... does dependants drive down a score?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
annah618
Established Member

Re: Not on Record?

Your fico score does not include demographical factors such as age, sex, race, marital status, dependents, etc.
Message 2 of 5
annah618
Established Member

For the collections that you haven't paid yet, when you pay them, you should make deletion part of the negotiation. You can ask them to delete it in exchange for payment. I think there is some information about this in one of the sticky threads at the top of the page.

For the ones that you've already paid and want deleted, it's possible to get them to do it after the fact. I am trying to do the same thing today with the one collection on my report too.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What do we do about collection accounts that state "Not on Record" for who the company is? There is now way for me to know who these people are and the debt is from 2005. Also how do you get creditors to remove collects which are paid.... I have seven and all but two are paid and have been for two years and it is killing my score. Thanks everyone.... I am 36 and I want to buy a house for the first time in my life... I think my score stays low becuase I have three kids.... does dependants drive down a score?

Did you purchase your report(s) from MyFico? You may need to get a copy of a report directly from the CRA or a free copy through annualcreditreport.com. It's my understanding that the MyFico reports exclude some non-score-related information, such as creditor contact info and soft inquiries.

For some medical collections, the CA name is coded, and the original creditor (doctor or hospital) is shown as Not On Record.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless it is medical, dispute it...it's THEIR responsibility to prove you owe the debt. Even if it turns out to be legitimate, that's on them for not including full data.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.