Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not-so-funny GW response from Palisades

tag
demitasse03
Valued Member

Not-so-funny GW response from Palisades

Last week I sent out a GW letter to Palisades requesting removal of two TLs which appeared on EQ and TU - not EX.  With the letter I sent them screen shots of the TLs (mistake?).  Well, I haven't heard anything from them, but when I updated TC last night I noticed that they had ADDED the TL to EX.  Needless to say, it looks like they don't plan to delete.  Are these guys really the jerks they appear to be?  Anyone have experience with them?  Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not-so-funny GW response from Palisades

They are all they appear to be.  When I sent request to delete to one CRA they notified the other two.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should search on my experience with these scumbags.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sound like real jerks.

Now that they've added to the last report....why not keep sending them more GW's?
You can at least annoy them and possibly tire them of you enough to remove them.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

demitasse03 wrote:
Last week I sent out a GW letter to Palisades requesting removal of two TLs which appeared on EQ and TU - not EX.  With the letter I sent them screen shots of the TLs (mistake?).  Well, I haven't heard anything from them, but when I updated TC last night I noticed that they had ADDED the TL to EX.  Needless to say, it looks like they don't plan to delete.  Are these guys really the jerks they appear to be?  Anyone have experience with them?  Any suggestions?

They are bad news. I have contected a lawyer today about them. This is what she told me
#1  do not dispute online   always CMRRR.....little things are ok 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple very small collections with Palisades, but it sounds like if I sent them a GW with a check PIF that it wouldn't be worth it. Should I instead to a PFD?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes IF your SOL is past  also check & see if they are licensed in your state!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-17-2007 03:47 PM
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happens a lot which is why I always ask i people are willing totake the chance that it will show up on a report that it is not currently showing on before goodwilling.  A lot of creditors take a GW letter as the first sign of adispute coming down the pike and will tape all agencies just to make sure the records are up to date.

I'd warned a previous poster to make no mention of thegood status on the other bureaus for just this type of thing.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok Brammy, good advice.

So if I were to do a GW, i should just not mention what CRs they are or are not reporting to? Or are you saying not to try a GW at all in order to avoid even more baddies? What happens if Palisades is not licensed in my state? How would I find this out?

Thank you so much for posting!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.