cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure how to tackle my credit reports!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how to tackle my credit reports!

I am so impressed with the information contained on this board. It's amazing what everyone knows!

My history: I am now 24 and I got in over my head in credit card debt in college - I thought I had taken care of everything (obviously not). According to Experian, all of these accounts are scheduled to come off around August 2010.

Baddies:

WFNNB/Victoria's Secret: $184 Balance, Current status: charged off (additionally, I got this card when I was 17).
CapOne: Settled, Closed in June 2004 $0 Balance, Current status: 120+ days past due
MBNA/BOA: Settled, Closed in June 2004, Current status: OK
GEMB/QVC: $420 balance, Current Status: charged off.

I am not sure how to get about getting these fixed - I don't even have the full account numbers (just what is listed on my credit reports)

Surprisingly, my scores aren't awful: 649TU, 619EQ and DK EX.

I have one thing in collection: a $55 power bill from an old apartment. I am going to try a PFD for that!

I have one credit card that I am using now (WAMU) that I pay off in full every month but have only had for a couple months. I wouldn't use credit cards for a long time, due to the horrendously bad judgment I showed in college.

If anyone has any suggestions on the steps to take to attempt to get some of this taken care of, I would be forever grateful.

Message Edited by frk410s2 on 01-08-2008 12:40 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Not sure how to tackle my credit reports!

Hi and welcome to myFICO forums! Have you read the credit scoring 101 thread in my sig line? There are some suggestions in it on how to remove paid baddies from your credit reports. With your decent TU score, I really think it would a good idea to have another CC. This is simply diluting the bad stuff with postive stuff. Hooters MC comes to mind and they, Merrick Bank, almost always pull TU.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.