Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice on my EXPERIAN credit report. help me understand

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Notice on my EXPERIAN credit report. help me understand

i have on my experian credit report a notice that sais the follow:

the issue date of the social security number that you gave us when you contacted us is not verified by the social security administration.

what does that mean? how do i fix that? does it affect me in anyway ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Re: Notice on my EXPERIAN credit report. help me understand

I think i might now what caused this problem but i need to know how to fix this

i was firs issued a SOCIAL SECURITY number in march 2012 but on my card it was written "ONLY VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT. APPROVED BY DHS

In April 2012 i got my green card, so i went back to SS offices and they printed me a new social securtiy card (i kept the same number), but they removed the "ONLY VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT.

Now both card have same numbers, but different issue dates. what can i do about it ?

Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 2 of 5
pat0812
Regular Contributor

I called SSA today and they told me everything is fine on their side. I indeed have 2 issue dates but they say they report only the first date as the date I got a social
I'm confused and need advice. Will this notice on my report give me trouble ? Is this the reason I can't get any online services with the credit bureaus or because I don't have 6 months credit history?
Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

It's still the six months reporting bit; however, I'd get it straightened out.  I'd request to find out what EX thought the issue date was, and see if it matches with what the SSA thinks it's supposed to be.

If it doesn't match, you're liable to run into identification verification issues for a while, so I'd try to get it corrected.  Not sure quite how that'd be accomplished but contacting the individual bureaus is likely your best bet at this point.

        
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Get a letter from Social Security Admin confirming what you were told, and send to the CRA. 

Their explanation certainly puts the matter to rest.....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.