cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!!! Countrywide is helping a sista' out!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG!!! Countrywide is helping a sista' out!!!

I sent an email GW letter to Countrywide because we had 3 30 day lates last year, and they are going to delete them!!!!  I know somehow this has to be for our good right?

Wow!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!!! Countrywide is helping a sista' out!!!

Smiley Happy

Celebrate!!

Of course it's for your good, its 3 lates and they're not even a year old, so they are counting big time and now they'll be gone.

I say AMEN!
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Praise Jesus!!!
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Praise Jesus!!!

Girrrrrl!

Don't get me started!
Message 4 of 29
Cory
Established Contributor

Start, I wanna hear it..........Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hallelujah, hallelujah!!  .......

Oh wait...  I didn't say that I got a call from the office of the President of Countrywide?  Right!!!!!

Message Edited by myhearts07 on 07-12-2007 11:04 AM
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever try to dispute?  Or just sent off a GW?
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did try to dispute, but they were legit lates so they were not coming off.  here is a copy of my letter:

Countrywide Home Loans

400 Countrywide Way

Simi Valley, CA93065

July 11, 2007

Re:  Account #:

We have been customers with your company since 2006 and during that time, have enjoyed my experience with Countrywide Home Loans, greatly. We are writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. We have three late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 2006. Since that time we have been  exceptional customers paying every month on time and never 30 days late.

Because of our exceptional payment history over the last year, we would like you to consider removing the negative payments from our credit reports. At the time of the late payments, we had just moved into our new home in January 2006 and with me being self-employed really affected our finances as with the move many of my clients decided to take their children to other facilities because we had moved.  This caused an immediate hardship for us as I was trying to rebuild my daycare business and get new clients as well as find a job to help with costs, but it was a very slow process. We say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. We hope that Countrywide Home Loans is willing to work with us on erasing this mark from our credit reports.

We have been very happy customers in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with Countrywide Home Loans.. With today’s credit industry so competitive, we know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. Countrywide Home Loans has been exceptional in my book so far and we highly recommend it to all our friends and relatives. We hope that you will deeply consider our request and prove once again, why Countrywide Home Loans is heads above the rest.  We look forward to your reply. 

Sincerely,

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice letter!
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I think it was pretty good myself.... 

How many points do you all think I could possibly get when this clears up?
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.