Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Banks with the best interest on savings

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OT: Banks with the best interest on savings

I am not sure where I should post this.

The only bank I can find to start a new savings with the best interest seems to be ING with a 3.45% no matter what you have in your savings. We have a savings already but I need to move the money i have and get paid to keep my money there.
So curiousity is what have you found out about a bank and where do you prefer to go..

We are starting a housing fund AGAIN and I am not going to open my savings with my current Bank sovereign as the interest is a measly 1% I just cant do a premier money market savings with a minium balance of 10k dont have it to earn 3.50%

We live close to pay check to paycheck. But have budgeted 200 a month into a savings for a house. We also have another savings with o/d protection we keep open but we only keep 300 in there at all times; this is for that purpose only

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kbell
New Contributor

Re: OT: Banks with the best interest on savings

ETrade is 4.1% with no minimum. Countrywide Bank has one of the best rates at 4.5%, but require min $10k. Countrywide does a soft pull of your credit report; I'm not sure of ETrade. Bankrate has a list of HYSA.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If DH & I were young and getting into house hunting mode, I think We'd join a credit union, and sock all our extra savings we had into them. Then when time to buy a house apply with them.

I've heard so many wonderful things about CU's since I've been here.

(just my thoughts)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu Online Savings.  Currently 4.0%, $1 minimum.

Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Folks! No CC discussion going on here...I'm moving this thread to the General Credit Issues forum.

-fused
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

EmigrantDirect :-), I love them and have been using them for a couple years now. Granted the interest rate goes with the economy, when I originally signed up it was 5.15, now down to 3.6, but still not bad - no minimums (for a while I had $5 :-)

Anyway, here is the link:
www.emigrantdirect.com

I think they are definitely something you should consider
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seconding Emigrant Direct.  I have a very puny emergency fund, but they've still been good to work with- no fees, no fuss when I left the account inactive for a while (over a year, I think), then remembered it and started putting dribs and drabs in again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.