Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining a new auto loan???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Obtaining a new auto loan???

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could answer this for me.  My husband and I have a ch 7 bankruptcy that was discharged in Jan of 2006, this morning I checked our credit scores on equifax mine was 641, his was 661...my question is, is it possible to obtain a new car loan with these types of scores without a co-signer?
Thanks,
Tana
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Obtaining a new auto loan???

tana wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could answer this for me.  My husband and I have a ch 7 bankruptcy that was discharged in Jan of 2006, this morning I checked our credit scores on equifax mine was 641, his was 661...my question is, is it possible to obtain a new car loan with these types of scores without a co-signer?
Thanks,
Tana

These look like good scores. Although a lot depends upon the type (new, used, CPO) and amount of car loan you are applying for. Also do you have any history with auto loans? There's an enhanced auto score different from your credit score that Tuscani knows a whole lot about. I'll search for that thread.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chk the frequently requested threads for the auto enhanced scoring
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We want a loan on a new vehicle, for the amount of $30,000 or less.  We had one vehicle repoed in 2003.
thanks
tana
Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

tana wrote:
Hi,
Thanks,
Tana

Your scores are ok for a cc but not for auto financing because of your repo.Smiley Sad  Check out this url.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.