cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh you gotta be kidding me! Score drop due to DISPUTE?

tag
CaptainConcorde
New Contributor

Re: Oh you gotta be kidding me! Score drop due to DISPUTE?

I had a similar issue early 2006 with a dispute (something covered in BK from 2001 that they showed as current Collection Account).  My EQ score was like 610 and everything else was 650+.  During the dispute it actually dropped but over the last few months its raised up to the level of the other FICOs now that its resolved in my favor.  If you give it time to resolve I'm sure it will adjust itself back to normal. 

Funny how watching credit is an obsession for me having gone from great to BK to rebuilding.  Still its like watching stocks in a way where the broker tells you "don't watch it daily you'll drive yourself nuts".  Every FICO alert sends me for the bottle of TUMS!

ErikArizona  Smiley Happy

In My Wallet:

Total Credit Lines: $11,100 - Utilization: 6%

Mortgage and Car Loan:

Message 11 of 17
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

I'm so sorry this happening to you, love.  Smiley Sad  But you know what to do!  You'll make this right. 
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ROLMAO!!!!  Tumms
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have created some confusion. The dispute did not effect my score. When they re-investigated EQ changed my balance on my report to reflect an inaccurate debt. The incorrect debt dropped my score. I am completely baffled why they re-opened a closed dispute. I will find out for sure Monday when they open. It will definitely get cleared up because it was a very legit and honest dispute. Just time...
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know Equifax investigation dept operates over the weekend. I just received a Score Watch alert minutes ago. My re-investigation as of today is closed and score is back up!!! Smiley Happy Kinda cool because when they made the incorrect data change it confirmed something how I am scored. I got to see what another action would do. When they reversed it the score changed back. Awesome. For a FICO junkie like my self, I will consider that payment for stress damages. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if this qualifies for "Actual Damages"
Make sure you document this for a future lawsuit.......

ilovepizza wrote:
I didn't know Equifax investigation dept operates over the weekend. I just received a Score Watch alert minutes ago. My re-investigation as of today is closed and score is back up!!! Smiley Happy Kinda cool because when they made the incorrect data change it confirmed something how I am scored. I got to see what another action would do. When they reversed it the score changed back. Awesome. For a FICO junkie like my self, I will consider that payment for stress damages. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.