Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old address reported as current on Equifax only

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old address reported as current on Equifax only

I moved July 2017 from my old place. I ordered a copy of my credit reports from all 3 bureaus on June 2018. Equifax is the only one that had my old address that was reported on Oct 2015, which is correct because I was still living there at that time. I ordered my Equifax report again on Dec 28th, 2018, the old address shows with a report date of Sept 2018. I called Equifax to find out which creditor is reporting this address and was told they have no idea. The rep also informed me that the address was reported again on Jan 3, 2019. 

I have never used my old address for any of my creditors. I did find out in 2015 that Mercedes Benz Financial was the one reporting the old address. Not sure why they reported my garaging address to Equifax. I changed my address and it was no longer on my report. I am concerned that this address is being reported as current, worried about identity theft. I do have a credit freeze on my file and there are no new accounts on my file. Is there anyway I can find out who is reporting my old address? Has anyone else experience an old address reported as current?

TIA

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Old address reported as current on Equifax only

@Anonymous wrote:

I moved July 2017 from my old place. I ordered a copy of my credit reports from all 3 bureaus on June 2018. Equifax is the only one that had my old address that was reported on Oct 2015, which is correct because I was still living there at that time. I ordered my Equifax report again on Dec 28th, 2018, the old address shows with a report date of Sept 2018. I called Equifax to find out which creditor is reporting this address and was told they have no idea. The rep also informed me that the address was reported again on Jan 3, 2019. 

I have never used my old address for any of my creditors. I did find out in 2015 that Mercedes Benz Financial was the one reporting the old address. Not sure why they reported my garaging address to Equifax. I changed my address and it was no longer on my report. I am concerned that this address is being reported as current, worried about identity theft. I do have a credit freeze on my file and there are no new accounts on my file. Is there anyway I can find out who is reporting my old address? Has anyone else experience an old address reported as current?

TIA

I have this issue with TU going on 3 years now. I have to send them my ID and utility bill every six months.

Ive also contacted lenders at great lengths, all reporting correct address. Although, many supervisors have said different departments can use different systems. Also the merging of old systems to new systems can trigger this.

I wish you luck, but can’t tell you that it will get corrected.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current Address? Will it hamper credit apps?

I just realized that Equifax has an old adress on file and I think Experian and Transunion are correct. I faxed over docs to Equifax so they can correct them. How many of you experienced issues when the current address wasnt updated?

Message 3 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Current Address? Will it hamper credit apps?

If the address on your credit report doesn't match your address on your application this can and will delay an approval. You will have to go through a verfication process which at times can be a pain in the butt.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

My current address on EQ doesn't match anything (as it's clearly an invalid address)

It's basically a non-issue, several lenders including Chase / Citi / etc have pulled EQ since I've had that broken address on there, and there hasn't been anything I haven't gotten approval on including instantly in the above two listed cases.

        
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean an old address in as well as your current address?

or do you mean thye have your old address and do not have your current address.

The first is a non issue. The second will get your applciations rejected.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax does not have my current address and I am figuring that its becoming an issue as I had to send over docs to prove my identity. It should get resolved within a week

Message 7 of 14
Bojack
Valued Member

Im currently experiencing the same problem with equifax only. Ive had a lot of problems with equifax only now that I think about it lol. They want me to send them various forms of identification etc but I dont actually have any faith in this working. They also have my named spelled correctly but with a 1 at the end of it. It looks like a third graders email, its ridiculous. Pretty sure this all equifax's fault. Did you get any resolution?

Message 8 of 14
Bojack
Valued Member

Im pretty sure im having the same issue. One of my old legitmate addresses shows as my current address. They want me to send all kinds of documents. Did you get any resolution? I wonder if this even hurts me. They also have my name spelled correctly but with the number 1 at the end. Not sure if I need to address that or not. Pretty sure equifax is just incompitent. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had some of these same kinds of issues with Equifax as well; specifically old addresses being resurrected.  Equifax seems to have extremely disjointed systems as well as having really pretty clueless staff.  Much of their back office is also based overseas do not have a good command of English.  Truly a recipe for disaster.  The only thing that worked in my case was filing a complaint with the CFPB for each of these issues.  Equifax on its own would never have escalated or fixed my problem on their own.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.