Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old home address just appeared on my TU report... weird

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old home address just appeared on my TU report... weird

I just got a notification that my old address just appeared on my TU account. That address is over 8 years old and for the life of me I cannot figure out what it means for it to reappear after all these years. Makes me this someone is updating my credit report with information they from a company or something. Is it normal for old address to appear on your credit report after so long? I just want to make sure I’m not being paranoid about someone stealing my identity or doing a soft pull on my report for unsavory manors. Any answer would be great.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kimbersleep
Contributor

Re: Old home address just appeared on my TU report... weird

Is your old address being listed as your current address, or is it popping up as a previous address?

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

All it say on the Fico app is that “a new address has been detected”. Can you explain the difference if it’s being posted as a new address, or just randomly popping up (as to report it as my previous address)? I mean I haven’t lived their in 8 years, it’s never been on my credit report before then all of a sudden it appears.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
All it say on the Fico app is that “a new address has been detected”. Can you explain the difference if it’s being posted as a new address, or just randomly popping up (as to report it as my previous address)? I mean I haven’t lived their in 8 years, it’s never been on my credit report before then all of a sudden it appears.

I had address pop on my report that belonged to my dad... Smiley LOL never lived at that address... Also had one from somewhere I never lived must be those highly rated public records ahaha.. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me just say that’s hilarious 😂. And I didn’t think about that. So does this mean that the 3 bureaus randomly do name, dob, and other searches and just add them to our report randomly. That’s bazaar.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Let me just say that’s hilarious 😂. And I didn’t think about that. So does this mean that the 3 bureaus randomly do name, dob, and other searches and just add them to our report randomly. That’s bazaar.

I was told once by someone at TU that stuff gets added from public records but also banks that you do business with... Public Records grab info from social media, USPS, and I think but not sure those so called "FREE" discount cards we all use when buying food example RiteAid.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I was thinking the same thing, but it’s so old I suppose I didn’t think about it before.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happening to me too and I wondered if it had anything to do with something like whitepages also linking me to relatives addresses I have never even lived at.

Message 8 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Probably a mistake.  When I was living with my parents, I had applied for a Sears card and was denied for having a bankruptcy, which I have never filed bankruptcy.  My father, on the other hand, who has the same middle and last name, lived at the same address, and had the same employer (U.S. Navy), has filed for bankruptcy.  Sears wouldn't let me recon it at all.  I was just blacklisted. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that seems rather systematic to judge you based off of the actions of your dad
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.