Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On your credit journey you found.....

tag
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

On your credit journey you found.....

Timothy mentioned that banks buy a service from the CRAs that tell when a consumer's credit scores increase.  Though the letter I received was dated a month before I began this journey, I've just woken from a sound sleep wondering....

(I'm beginning to think that my newbie optimism should be tempered with a bit of a reality check.)

What else is out there?

So...

What things typically (or atypically) raise their ugly heads on credit repair adventures?

What is the wierdest/most aggravating/most difficult thing you've faced in your time in this virtual community?

Inquiring mind......awake atlast

Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On your credit journey you found.....

Yep- I can't recall how many time I have read "CA's coming out of the woodwork" 

They (the CA's) really like when they see mortgage INQ's and they know they have you by the ()&*&%^

I have been lucky- my only blenishes are lates-
If I only knew how bad they were going to hurt -
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch, so its best to grab the bull by the horns and try and get them all settled before me and DH go mortgage hunting... nice to know....

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of mortgage lenders do not like to see collections on your crpts, especially in the current environment.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had four, now down to two.. after deletions, etc. Hoping tog et the other two removed. My DH credit report is almost clean, he has a two collections as well that are being taken care of. We would be going through VA, and the broker we spoke with said that if they are still there, they will be looked at more favorably if paid.... even though my DHs will drop off in a year and a half...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.