Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One credit application resulted in two hard inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One credit application resulted in two hard inquiries

@Gmood1 wrote:
Same happened to me. I'm still trying to get it straightened out. They took one and moved it to a day late, instead of removing it.

Gmood1, I am curious to hear what you did?

Message 11 of 25
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I applied for a UNFCU Elite Visa with a $20,000 limit and was denied (with a hard pull).  In their denial email they asked if I wanted a UNFCU Azure Visa with a $5,000 limit.  I said yes, and they did another hard pull just two days after the first one.  I thought about calling to complain, but decided not to do so because I was new to UNFCU, and I could tell from my dealings with them that they were sticklers for process.  Those two hard pulls just recently rolled off my credit reports.

Last year I applied for a PenFed Power Cash Visa and was approved (following a hard pull) for $5,000, far too low a limit for a daily driver.  About a month went by, then I asked them to reallocate $15,000 of credit limit from my $32,000 PenFed Promise Visa to bring the Power Cash up to $20,000.  They said they would do that.  What they didn't tell me was that they did a second hard pull, less than a month after the first one.  I asked them to remove the second hard pull, but they said they couldn't (or wouldn't) do that.  Those two hard pulls are still on my reports.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's ridiculous, UpperNwGuy. How did that affect you at the time? Or did you just not apply for anything for a while?

Message 13 of 25
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's ridiculous, UpperNwGuy. How did that affect you at the time? Or did you just not apply for anything for a while?

I'm not a churner, so it didn't affect me too badly.  In fact, only three months after the two UNFCU hard pulls, I applied for the CSR online and was approved immediately with 4/24 and 5 hard pulls.  I haven't applied for any new cards since the two PenFed hard pulls, and now they're the only hard pulls showing on my reports.

The main effect was that my reports showed 5 hard pulls when they should have shown 3.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's CSR?

ETA: Oh, never mind, I figured it out. Smiley Happy

I guess people have their own lingo on here. 

Message 15 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I received a letter today requesting I send in a copy of my credit report to Synchrony bank. So they can see the information of the double pull. I'll have to print off a copy and send it in.
You'll have to call them, if you already haven't. They'll send you the same letter.
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
I received a letter today requesting I send in a copy of my credit report to Synchrony bank. So they can see the information of the double pull. I'll have to print off a copy and send it in.
You'll have to call them, if you already haven't. They'll send you the same letter.

I called them twice already, they never suggested this.

In fact I'd say they were no help at all.

Message 17 of 25
aircobra
Regular Contributor

I had this issue with them when I applied for a Walmart card. First inquiry was done as soon as I applied and the 2nd was done the day after when I called to confirm my information. It took at least a month before they finally removed it (after constantly calling Walmarts credit department and complaining, while also disputing it through TU). It amazed me how something so easily fixable took such effort to actually get fixed.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 18 of 25
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

We've had several reports of this over the past few weeks.

Synchrony did a random HP of my credit?

The post above is the only one I've seen where the inquiry was removed successfully. Some in the other thread have requested support tickets.

Message 19 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I shared a copy of the letter with you through PM. You can print it and use it to send in your info. All you need is Synchrony's Google department address. Or maybe drop Google store in where Amazon.com is on mine and use the same address?

There's a FAX number there as well. I may try that first.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.