Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One credit application resulted in two hard inquiries

Thank you, all!

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s a transunion error they are having. One inquiry when you apply then a second if you’re approved. I spoke to a rep about this and she told me i was the 30th person to call about the error. She suggests disputing with transunion and they would remove immediately. I had applied for amazon, one inquiry then next day a synchrony inquiry. Disputed and came off in one day. Just call transunion, they know of the error happening
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s a transunion error they are having. One inquiry when you apply then a second if you’re approved. I spoke to a rep about this and she told me i was the 30th person to call about the error. She suggests disputing with transunion and they would remove immediately. I had applied for amazon, one inquiry then next day a synchrony inquiry. Disputed and came off in one day. Just call transunion, they know of the error happening

I did call TransUnion, the guy I spoke to said the only way to remove it is to get a "deletion letter" from the bank. 

I mean, I only started looking for credit forums to ask my question because neither TU nor Synchrony were of any help.

I suppose it's the kind of instance where I have to keep calling them until I actually get a competent rep.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah or just fax them a simple letter at 6105464771 and state you did not do this inquiry.
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to provide an update on this in case anyone had the same thing happen to them.

The second hard inquiry dropped off my TransUnion report on its own about a month after it appeared (or maybe 5-6 weeks). I now only have one from Synchrony/Google. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.