Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Auto Loan showing under Closed accounts on EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Auto Loan showing under Closed accounts on EQ

Do I dispute this so that it shows up under open accounts? 

My auto loan is being paid as agreed, last updated 4/16/15 and it shows up under my closed accounts for EQ.  If I dispute so that it shows up under open accounts will that help my score?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Open Auto Loan showing under Closed accounts on EQ

I would call and inform the creditor that it is now reporting as closed, and ask them to check their last reporting.

They may have inaccurately reported as closed, and correct in their next reporting.

I would reserve a formal dispute until you have attempted to get it corrected informally, as it may well be a simple clerical error.

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

+1 Start with the creditor to ensure that they are reporting it correctly to the CRA.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with the creditor and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.  I called Equifax (didn't want to start a dispute) and they ensured me that it was showing as an open account.  For now, I'll just leave it be, I'll check again after they update for the month.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.