Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open/Never Late Account Showing Paid $0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open/Never Late Account Showing Paid $0

Hey, everyone! So I'm looking over my Experian credit report and for one of my credit card accounts, it shows Status: Open/Never Late and green dots for all months I've had the card. However, on the monthly breakdown it shows a value for Scheduled Payment that differs from what I paid (sometimes far below, sometimes a little above). It then says "Paid $0" directly below that value on every month. I have the records proving I paid at least the minimum if not more every single month since having this card. I assume they know that since there is a green dot for every month. Is this an error I need to dispute? Do I need to go line by line through each month and tell them what the actual minimum was vs. what I paid?

It's been super confusing and I'd appreciate any help/clarification! Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Open/Never Late Account Showing Paid $0

Reporting of never late with green dot status for each month is a statement that you paid at least the minimum payment by the billing due date.  That is clear reporting of no delinquency.

I see no need for any dispute of accuracy of status.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Robert! So it is not an issue that it shows I paid $0 for every month? Does the credit card company just not report my actual monthly payments to the credit reporting companies?

Would there be any benefit to my score if I do report the actual monthly payment information to them?

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Robert! So it is not an issue that it shows I paid $0 for every month? Does the credit card company just not report my actual monthly payments to the credit reporting companies?

Would there be any benefit to my score if I do report the actual monthly payment information to them?

Most of the time, CC companies don't report exactly how much you paid monthly.

And no, no scoring benefit even if this info is reported.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.