Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for credit monitoring

tag
Clockworkz
New Contributor

Options for credit monitoring

I want to start paying for a credit monitoring service and was thinking of going with Experian but dang is it expensive at 25$ a month.

What options do you all recommend for monitoring all 3 and fico srores etc?

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 750

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Options for credit monitoring

Discover Scorecard is free EX FICO. Dont have to be a customer. Credit Check Total is $1 for all 3 CRA's FICO score. Just cancel before the trial ends. Rinse and repeat. They range from 19-40 bucks a month. Usually quarterly updates. Credit Karma is free Vantage to keep track of any updates from TU & EQ or funny business.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want all three scores, Experian’s app is $19.99 a month instead of $24.95 on the website. 

There is also a $9.99 a month option that’s available in the app that pulls your Experian scores daily that you can pair with Credit Karma for weekly TU & EQ monitoring (not scores because those scores are Vantage) or WalletHub for daily TU monitoring (again, not scores). 

I personally go on the Experian website and get a $1 trial any time I want my scores updated (generally once a month) then I downgrade back to the free monitoring service that gives monthly scores and free alerts (which also update your score). I use WalletHub and Credit Karma otherwise. Works fine for me and it costs me less than one month would to pull all my reports 12 times a year. 

Message 3 of 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Depends on what you want from your monitoring service. Are you looking for monthly updates to your scores or services that will notify you of every change as it happens?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.