Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank won't graduate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank won't graduate?

I have had an Orchard Bank secured (200cl) for the last 19 months.  I have never paid late, never been over limit, or even come close to charging the limit.  In addition, my overall credit scores have gone up, they are now TU 580, EX 615 EQ 581.

Everytime I try to get them to gradaute me to an unsecured card or raise my limit (without sending in my own $), they refuse.  WTF??   And....with my credit scores (now) I could qualify for their unsecured card if I applied as a new customer....BUT..they only allow you to have one of their cards at a time.  UUGGHH.  I don't want to close a good credit record to get another crappy (slightly less so) card than the one I have now.

Everytime I explain this (and I send them an email about once a month), I get a nice letter from some body from India saying that they automatically review their accounts for graduation status, but that mine does not qualify. 

I'm so po'd at them.  Are they so cheap they don't want to give back my $200?  I am just kicking myself for not getting a secured card with someone like BofA or Washingtion Mutual.  I feel like I've wasted 19 months. 

Has anyone had this experience with them or do they just hate me?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard Bank Chornicles....

I am going to make the most of this forum.  I am going to keep all of you updated on my struggle to get Orchard Bank to graduate my secured card to an unsecured one.  This is "Episode 1". 

I sent them an email through their website (probably the 15th I've sent in the last 6 months)  I informed them that I've been with them for 19 months and have handled their card PERFECTLY.  I also informed them that if I get another letter from "rajay" or "javee" denying my request, I might cancel the card.

But after finding this forum, I have a different idea.  I am going to relay my TRUTHFUL struggles with Orchard Bank.  If that causes some of you in the market for a secured card to go with Bank of America, or some other company, well then they have lost money.

No reply email or letter yet, but keep tuned....the struggle continues!
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP

Message 4 of 18
Mindnumb
New Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank Chornicles....

Good luck!
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I figure I don't have anything to lose.  What are they going to do?  Not graduate me? No increase my credit limit?  Wait....they're already not doing that. 

If I can get just ten people to not apply for a secured card with them, I'll feel like my work has been done!
Message 6 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thanks!

I don't even think graduating is an option.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carrot

They've told me over the phone that the account will be graduated at the 6, 12, 18 month mark.  They always use a figure that's about 2 months from the time I call.  If I call now, I'm sure they'll tell me they gradute at the 24 month mark. 

24 MONTHS?  My god, that's longer than most marriages, right?
Message 8 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Carrot

ALEXREDD wrote:
They've told me over the phone that the account will be graduated at the 6, 12, 18 month mark.  They always use a figure that's about 2 months from the time I call.  If I call now, I'm sure they'll tell me they gradute at the 24 month mark. 

24 MONTHS?  My god, that's longer than most marriages, right?

Ha.. they say that all the time. I have yet to hear of anyone getting graduated. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?

No one?  You've never heard of anyone being graduated?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.