Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas call centers, avoid them...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overseas call centers, avoid them...

Trying to work with creditors over the phone is hard enough. Trying to work with creditor call center reps in India or the Phillipines is near impossible. My blood just boils when I want to solve an issue and the phone is answered by some guy who's obviously in India calling himself "Steve"... yeh right. All "Steve" can do is read from a script and say "I'm sorry you are having problems but there is nothing I can do for you". I have learned to avoid them all together. Nothing against the people personally, but they have no clue about our sense of urgency or how to be flexible. I've been successful just being firm and requesting to be transferred to a US call center. At first they'll tell you "just call back because I cannot transfer the call" but that's baloney. The more you press, the sooner they'll give up and transfer the call. If they still refuse, request a manager and then that manager will transfer the call to the US. Cheap overseas labor has no place in the credit and financial industry.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overseas call centers, avoid them...

And kudos to MyFico for answering the phones RIGHT HERE in the USA. That is priceless.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.